Friend looking for simple nvda friendly book software.

Ok here is the crux of this. Over here in the UK daisy and mp3 content is often sent out on ram sticks. we even have stand alone stick players. A listener has asked me if a piece of software exists that can play this content say a folder at a time so he can listen on his laptop.
I've seen self voicing book players but they cost money and wondered if there is an easy to use nvda compatible one around. OK he could go around explorer playing tracks and making playlists, but he is not, shall we say, really interested in computers,they are just a way of getting at 'stuff' and the simpler the better!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Mallard

Hello,

Are they audiobooks?

In this case, I found that Foobar 2000 played them very well. Even VLC, but Foobar was better.

i'm using the past tense, because I'm not very much into audio, so I haven't tried that for a couple of years.

Can someone confirm my experience?

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 09/09/2016 20:19, Brian's Mail list account ha scritto:
Ok here is the crux of this. Over here in the UK daisy and mp3 content is often sent out on ram sticks. we even have stand alone stick players. A listener has asked me if a piece of software exists that can play this content say a folder at a time so he can listen on his laptop.
I've seen self voicing book players but they cost money and wondered if there is an easy to use nvda compatible one around. OK he could go around explorer playing tracks and making playlists, but he is not, shall we say, really interested in computers,they are just a way of getting at 'stuff' and the simpler the better!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Chris Mullins

There is free open source daisy player software called Amis. Check out
http://www.daisy.org/projects/amis/

Cheers
Chris

Ok here is the crux of this. Over here in the UK daisy and mp3 content is
often sent out on ram sticks. we even have stand alone stick players. A
listener has asked me if a piece of software exists that can play this
content say a folder at a time so he can listen on his laptop.
I've seen self voicing book players but they cost money and wondered if
there is an easy to use nvda compatible one around. OK he could go around
explorer playing tracks and making playlists, but he is not, shall we say,
really interested in computers,they are just a way of getting at 'stuff' and
the simpler the better!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Albert Ruel

This software also has some JAWS scripts available, however I'm not sure how
well NVDA will work with it. I haven't tried it out for a long time.

the screenreaders on the system are nvda and dolphin supernova.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

This software also has some JAWS scripts available, however I'm not sure how
well NVDA will work with it. I haven't tried it out for a long time.

slery <slerythema@...>

Does he have a smartphone? There are audio book players that will play the
mp3 as a book and I believe there are at least one or two that are free.

Cindy