Topics

Where can I find the federal guidelines on accessibility?

John J. Boyer

I am having difficultyu dealing with a health site here in Wisconsin. It
is very confusing and there is a lot of repetition. My sighted assistant
says most of the information is conveyed in pictures. I want to push
them to make their site more accessible.

Thanks,

--
John J. Boyer; President,
AbilitiesSoft, Inc.

V Stuart Foote

That would be the United State Access Board
https://www.access-board.gov/

But, you'll find what you need here, but remember these are Federal rules (36 CFR part 1193 & 1194) for use in Federal agency procurement--states may do as they legislatively adopt, but often comply with Federal guidelines to keep things simpler as they participate in Federal programs.

Federal registry
https://www.federalregister.gov/d/2015-04076

Or published as PDF
https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-02-27/pdf/2015-03467.pdf

However if you have a grasp of the old 508 standards--the linked note from the US Access Board probably give a more concise comparison of the WCAG 2.0 derived success criteria as to what will change with the new rules--and that Federal procurement must comply with.

https://www.access-board.gov/guidelines-and-standards/communications-and-it/about-the-ict-refresh/background/comparison-table-of-wcag2-to-existing-508-standards

Best of luck in dealing with your Wisconsin State agencies.

Stuart

I am having difficultyu dealing with a health site here in Wisconsin. It
is very confusing and there is a lot of repetition. My sighted assistant
says most of the information is conveyed in pictures. I want to push
them to make their site more accessible.

Thanks,

--
John J. Boyer; President,
AbilitiesSoft, Inc.
Email: john.boyer@...
Website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Mission: To develop softwares and provide STEM services for people with
disabilities which are available at no cost.

Lino Morales

John a lot of these site are like this. I suggest you also contact NFB or ACB of WIS. I'm getting off topic here. Just do a web search on the federal guidelines. Good luck sir.