microsoft word 2-16 and outlook 2016:

kenny Peyatt jr. <p.wildcat1234@...>

Hi how well does outlook and Microsoft word 2016 work with nvda? I am planning on upgrading to office 2016 soon, and I was wondering how accessible Microsoft outlook 2016 is.

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Well I managed once to get imap set on my dads via the control panel which touchwood has been the same since office 95.
However after I did all the crazy stuff that was setting up and making sure things were subscribed via imap, the only thing I can't seem to get used to are the message tree view and navigating from folder to folder I do not know how to do this.
If you are happy with ribbons then you can use it.
However to be frank there are still programs like thunderbird which has a lot less clutter.

On 11/09/2016 5:15 p.m., Kenny Peyattt jr. wrote:
Hi how well does outlook and Microsoft word 2016 work with nvda? I am
planning on upgrading to office 2016 soon, and I was wondering how
accessible Microsoft outlook 2016 is.

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Pranav Lal

Kenny,

Outlook 2016 works with NVDA but there is one issue which renders it almost unusable. At least on my computer, when composing a message or replying to a message, NVDA locks up randomly. The only way to recover is to reboot the computer. I have raised tickets about this problem.

Pranav

Hi how well does outlook and Microsoft word 2016 work with nvda? I am planning on upgrading to office 2016 soon, and I was wondering how accessible Microsoft outlook 2016 is.

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Paul Benson

Hello Pranav and all,

Thoroughly annoying when the half-composed message is lost. Perhaps a plan B is available? Compose the reply message in Notepad or similar and only open up Outlook to copy the completed reply from clipboard into the required location. This also allows simple regular updates while composing.

Paul Benson.

Hi how well does outlook and Microsoft word 2016 work with nvda? I am
planning
on upgrading to office 2016 soon, and I was wondering how accessible
Microsoft
outlook 2016 is.

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Pranav Lal

Sean,

What e-mail client do you suggest? I have looked at thunderbird but cannot use it because importing from outlook is broken. I need to do a lot of formatting of documents such as using styles so cannot switch to alternative office applications because as far as I know they lack the underlying infrastructure to communicate fully with NVDA.

Hi how well does outlook and Microsoft word 2016 work with nvda? I am
planning on upgrading to office 2016 soon, and I was wondering how
accessible Microsoft outlook 2016 is.

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Pranav Lal

Hi Sean,

Yes, I have tried repairing office without success. I have access to the pst file so that is not a problem. I have too many message rules and a lot of archived e-mail to just switch.

Hi how well does outlook and Microsoft word 2016 work with nvda? I
am planning on upgrading to office 2016 soon, and I was wondering
how accessible Microsoft outlook 2016 is.

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Hmmm have you tried uninstaling and reinstalling or even using an older office version?
This is really odd.
there is a scan pst file somewhere if that is the issue, some mail can become misbehaved but hmmm it could be an nvda issue who knows.
Not exactly part of the problem, I had an issue on a system using office 97, back before the big band days.
At that time resources were limited, I told the user he had to switch mailers and since things were being really bad, I did a full reformat which fixed everything then started fresh with eudora.
He lost all his data though.
On a recent time, I had a server on the blink that was being replaced, however I wasn't fast enough and it blew its master power unit on its raid array.
All data is incripted, but it needs that supply to function, that module was a burning mess and the system wouldn't boot.
There is a way to get the data, however its secured for a reason.
Luckily most files were on an external drive or on several cloud drives thank god for imap.
However a large email database was lost and while this was not a large issue well there you go.
My only complaint with outlook is that it saves all its data in humungious data files and hmmm I don't like that idea.
At least with eudora/thunderbird, etc all data is in different files.
What you may want to try if you have all your email information.
1. go to control panel, mail.
delete your accounts.
back up your pst files then delete your profile.
go to where your profile was stored and empty all locations.
Go to where your outlook app data is stored and clear all that.
Then restart outlook.
Ms outlook will realise it can't find anything and will crash, it will then recreate itself.
After that, if you use imap or whatever, I used the map since I had a multi device situation, I set it all up, then either import or from the mail control panel, add your pst file back in, make it the default one and not the data file that is there.
I have done this and it worked.
The only thing Ithen had to do was repair bits of icloud that got corrupted and resync the data from that.
This crash happened earlier this month and it works now.

On 16/09/2016 5:17 a.m., Pranav Lal wrote:
Hi Sean,

Yes, I have tried repairing office without success. I have access to the pst file so that is not a problem. I have too many message rules and a lot of archived e-mail to just switch.

Hi how well does outlook and Microsoft word 2016 work with nvda? I
am planning on upgrading to office 2016 soon, and I was wondering
how accessible Microsoft outlook 2016 is.

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Pranav Lal

Hi Sean,

The plot thickens. I was typing in word 2016 when the same thing happened. The problem could be with word and not outlook. It occurs far less frequently in word. Outlook uses word as an editor. I have tried a repair of office 2016 without success.

Pranav

Hi how well does outlook and Microsoft word 2016 work with nvda? I
am planning on upgrading to office 2016 soon, and I was wondering
how accessible Microsoft outlook 2016 is.

Kenny Peyattt jr.

unknown on what to do.
Does it happen with other programs?
have you tried to clear your pc physically.
Has it happened in the past.
Things to check from mild to drastic.
First things first.
get your system into admin mode
type in search box in start menu cmd you get the command prompt.
hit shift control enter together and you will get admin permition say yes to the question.
type the following in.
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.
Wait for that to finnish.
Next try sfc /scannow.
next do the following chkdsk c: /f /x /r /v /l c:\chkdsk.log
you can read this later.
For those that don't know what some of these mean /x dismounts the drive
/f fixes errors /r is like the scandisk serface scan.
do that on all drives or as many drives are associated with your windows system.
reboot and have a cup of tea and it will come back in a bit.
Do a complete malware and antivirus scan with whatever you want.
Next, do a full defrag.
do the same as above with command prompt and admin but now type defrag c: and it just does it.
reboot again.
This insures there is nothing commenplace going up.
Update all your drivers from the manufacturer's website and bios.
On that note what computer is this you are having the issue on, if you know the model that would be good.
If you can't find it, get belarc adviser from belarc.com go to belarc.com and click free download, install the 600 kb file run it, then under system summery well either give me that or just give me the entire web page or well the model and stuff anyway.
I can search this.
Assuming its all updated and its not the issue.
Uninstall and reinstall office, uninstall office and search for removing office there should be a fixit for 2016 that will kill all of office there should be other scrubbers to clear it all.
Then put it back.
Uninstall and reinstall nvda.
Next get a program called speedfan search for it by name I forget it could be speedfan.com but the sites change and I havn't checked.
install it, go to hard drive page then do an online analisis on the drive, if you get any warnings from that you know it could be your disks.
Next go and use something like mutherboard moniter to look at your temperatures there may be others round.
you need to know what your temp should be of your various components, video card, board, etc.
Look at those.
Next, do a reset of windows and or a complete reformat and the problem if it is that simple will be gone.
I am suspecting hardware, the following needs sightling assistance.
1. open your computer and remove all components drives and cards mainly and dust all of them.
Also fans syncs, etc.
Your next plan is to clear dust out of the system with a compresser or something just be carefull of things, wipe down things with a clean rag then put it all back.
Regrease your heatsync.
If that doesn't work, install win7 and see if it works.
Or call microsoft.
Yes I know the solutions are wide ranging but I have had to do a few of these.
My latest oldest i3 home server/desktop box had a bad psu.
I got it cleared with a full clearout of dust and a regreese of the sync.
During a upgrade of a video card, the psu exploded and needed to be replaced and since then the system was more stable than it was before so maybe it was broken all along.
I have handled a friend's system who's cpu fan was so clogged with dust it was stuck fast.
I have had units where their psu fans jammed or had wires not in propperly.
I have even had bad drives.
Drivers and bios things have been a problem to.
I have just updated the primary newer workstation that handles a few high powered functions in the home network not because they were broke but that they hadn't been updated in a while.
I have not had virus issues but I have had a drive with serious defrag issues.
I have also had to handle virus and malware situations on my remote units from time to time.
If this happens on only office try a complete removal and reinstall of office.
Do the sfc and dism comands.
do a standard chkdsk /f on your hard drive.
search for and run defrag.
Do a basic malware scan not a full one.
clear out your junk with disk cleaner.
send me your model and I will look for things.
Talk to ms access support it may be an issue.
Finally if in doubt, shut the door and put your ear next to your computer and listen to its noise.
If you hear a rattle or a whine then you should back your data up if you havn't allready and moniter it.
In most cases what I put down are the worse case scenarios I have in a checklist off the top of my head.
Usually when I fix things I usually run with worse case scenario in case it is.
Most of the time its startup programs, and misconfigured software.
Sometimes its more than that.
In one case the system was to old.
In another after trying everything under the sun I couldn't figure out what it was.
In another, after trying everything including updates, scans, reformats and the like I put my ear to the unit andsure enough something was slowly going somewhere, I guessed the drive or something.
Its harder to diagnose laptop failier but even on the most quiet pcs they still use big components.

On 18/09/2016 2:14 p.m., Pranav Lal wrote:
Hi Sean,

The plot thickens. I was typing in word 2016 when the same thing happened. The problem could be with word and not outlook. It occurs far less frequently in word. Outlook uses word as an editor. I have tried a repair of office 2016 without success.

Pranav

Hi how well does outlook and Microsoft word 2016 work with nvda? I
am planning on upgrading to office 2016 soon, and I was wondering
how accessible Microsoft outlook 2016 is.

Kenny Peyattt jr.

slery <slerythema@...>

I do not have any problems with outlook 2016.

Cindy

Hi how well does outlook and Microsoft word 2016 work with nvda? I am
planning on upgrading to office 2016 soon, and I was wondering how
accessible Microsoft outlook 2016 is.

Kenny Peyattt jr.

hi shaun.
i use libreoffice 4.4.6 and its realy great!
thanks to God and also its developers, users and supporters.

On 10/14/16, slery <slerythema@gmail.com> wrote:
I do not have any problems with outlook 2016.

Cindy

Hi how well does outlook and Microsoft word 2016 work with nvda? I am
planning on upgrading to office 2016 soon, and I was wondering how
accessible Microsoft outlook 2016 is.

Kenny Peyattt jr.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is: