Sent: 12 September 2016 05:20
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] windows 10 offer for those using accessability

Hi, had downloaded the installer for those using accessability after the aniversery update was over, but it keeps saying can't connect.

Please help

Quentin Christensen

Hi Chris,

The Windows 10 upgrade for those using assistive technology is available here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/accessibility/windows10upgrade

Also re the anniversary update, if you haven't got it yet, there are several reasons why that might be.  A post on How to Geek has a few answers: http://www.howtogeek.com/270846/why-your-pc-hasnt-received-the-latest-windows-update-yet-and-how-to-get-it/

The main reasons are likely:
- You only recently upgraded to Windows 10, or the previous big update
- You have updates set to deferred on your system
- Your hardware is a bit older - Microsoft is rolling the update out slower to some hardware configurations to keep an eye on any potential problems.

In any case, according to the article:

"Either head to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Learn More or just visit the Windows 10 update history web page. Click the “Get the Anniversary Update Now” link here and download the tool provided by Microsoft.

Run the Windows 10 Update Assistant and it will automatically download and install the Anniversary Update on your PC, even if it isn’t being offered through Windows Update at the moment."

Regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 9:04 PM, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:

Hi

I still have not had the anniversary update and have not found any details of the Windows  10 offer for people using accessibility.  I have a friend who would like to update to W10 so could you please provide a link to the offer details and installer download?

Cheers

Chris

nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Isaac
Sent: 12 September 2016 05:20
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Which is what I did and it did it all for me, but toolk a couple of hours.
I'm not updating 7 on this machine though.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

<https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history>.

*Sent:* 12 September 2016 05:20
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi, had downloaded the installer for those using accessability after the
aniversery update was over, but it keeps saying can't connect.

Please help

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Basic Training for NVDA E-Book now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Chris Mullins

Thanks for this.  My hardware is a little older, although I don’t know of anyone in this area who has received the update automatically.

Cheers

Chris