Windows 10 Mail app still problematic

Brian Crabtree <pandbcrabtree@...>

I have tried out the Windows 10 add-on 16.09.1A with NVDA 2016-3 and the latest version of Windows 10 and still find the following problems:

- as I start the app, it speaks the initial focus, but then reacts to nothing until I use Alt plus Tab to go out and back in. I tried Escape, F 6, Tab, arrows, etc

- as I read an email or read back the text of a reply that I am about to send, it says "edit" before every line, including the blank ones. This is for every line, not just at the start of a new paragraph.

- it does not speak as I type, whether in a new email or when replying or forwarding. It will read what I have typed when I use nvda plus A or arrow up and down and it will speak each letter if I arrow left and right to correct an error.

Could I ask Joseph or others if these things are in the plan for a later release of the add-on?

Finally, Microsoft has still not implemented my top requirement: to be able to change the names of the key folders (sent, drafts, trash) to match those used by the server. This means I get 2 versions of, for example, the sent items folder, which is totally useless. I will send a Feedback to them, but if anyone has heard that they do plan to make this improvement I should be grateful for a word to the wise. Brian Crabtree

Does this email app donewsgroups as well?
Also in some Imap servers the folders are labelled differently so its hard to see how they could make it agree for everybody.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-