NVDA and LibreOffice

Walmir Schultz <wsautodidata@...>

Hi,

I am using LibreOffice 5.2.0.4 and NVDA 2016.3.
In other versions of both applications, I've found various problems and strange behaviors.
To site only one example: in a cell in Calc I have a formula with gives me a result that is formatted with three places at right of the decimal point; NVDA reads much more than the three digits, but when I copy the result to clipboard with CTRL+C and call NVDA+C, NVDA reads the contents of the clipboard, wich is the number withe three digits at the right of the decimal point.
In every update of NVDA I see improvements relating to MS Office, but nothing related with LibreOffice.
I think that since someone is using a free screen reader, it is clear he will probably use a free office suite. So why LibreOffice is not a priority?

Best regards.
Walmir

Robert Kingett <kingettspeaks@...>

I agree. I was curious if te NV access team was gonna work with the LO accessibility team but my guess is we have NVDA folk on the LO team already? I hope so! I use LO more than MSW myself.

Hi,

Last time I tried talking to LO folks, it wasn’t successful (no replies to an email I sent regarding possible collaboration).

Cheers,

Joseph

I agree. I was curious if te NV access team was gonna work with the LO accessibility team but my guess is we have NVDA folk on the LO team already? I hope so! I use LO more than MSW myself.

Maybe t needs a few improvements in its info sent to screenreaders for those improvements to work, like some way to know when its got to read past a paragraph mark for example.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I am using LibreOffice 5.2.0.4 and NVDA 2016.3.
In other versions of both applications, I've found various problems and strange behaviors.
To site only one example: in a cell in Calc I have a formula with gives me a result that is formatted with three places at right of the decimal point; NVDA reads much more than the three digits, but when I copy the result to clipboard with CTRL+C and call NVDA+C, NVDA reads the contents of the clipboard, wich is the number withe three digits at the right of the decimal point.
In every update of NVDA I see improvements relating to MS Office, but nothing related with LibreOffice.
I think that since someone is using a free screen reader, it is clear he will probably use a free office suite. So why LibreOffice is not a priority?

Best regards.
Walmir

hi walmir.
i completely agree with you and sincerely admire your sentences.
In every update of NVDA I see improvements relating to MS Office, but
nothing related with LibreOffice.
I think that since someone is using a free screen reader, it is clear
he will probably use a free office suite. So why LibreOffice is not a
priority?
because nvda has no improvements for libreoffice openoffice i use
version 2015.4
because in this version nvda says the selection when we select line by line.
but in previous versions, sometimes told selected and sometimes did
not say anything!
i realy advocate of opensource software and wish that use these kind
without any problem!

Last time I tried talking to LO folks, it wasn’t successful (no replies to
an email I sent regarding possible collaboration).

Cheers,

Joseph

I agree. I was curious if te NV access team was gonna work with the LO
accessibility team but my guess is we have NVDA folk on the LO team already?
I hope so! I use LO more than MSW myself.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
al-islam.org