Topics

Recuva

Don H

Has anyone tried using the Recuva recovery software package made by the same company that makes ccleaner?

Yes.

           ~ Bertrand Russell

hi.
i tested many versions of recuva and could learn and use it without
any tutorial or help.
it is an user friendly and simple program to learn and use.

Yes.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

    The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals,
which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot
co-exist with a serious affection for another.  Everybody knows that this is
untrue. . .

           ~ Bertrand Russell

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes I downloaded the portable version to help me get some files back about a month ago. Its OK, and gives you a feedback as to whether you can or cannot do it.
Obviously once deleted any writing to the disc stands a good chance of overwriting the data. I downloaded it on an old xp machine and put it on a ram stick to run it from there to cut down on the writing on the machine with the lost files.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Has anyone tried using the Recuva recovery software package made by the same company that makes ccleaner?

Tony Ballou

Hi,

Yes, I have, and it works well with NVDA.

tony

On 10/10/2018 8:22 PM, Don H wrote:
Has anyone tried using the Recuva recovery software package made by
the same company that makes ccleaner?

Don H

I could not get to read the list of files it found that could be recovered.

On 10/11/2018 6:12 AM, Tony Ballou wrote:
Hi,

Yes, I have, and it works well with NVDA.

tony

On 10/10/2018 8:22 PM, Don H wrote:
Has anyone tried using the Recuva recovery software package made by
the same company that makes ccleaner?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well was this with a portable version of nvda by any chance?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I could not get to read the list of files it found that could be recovered.

On 10/11/2018 6:12 AM, Tony Ballou wrote:
Hi,

Yes, I have, and it works well with NVDA.

tony

On 10/10/2018 8:22 PM, Don H wrote:
Has anyone tried using the Recuva recovery software package made by
the same company that makes ccleaner?

I have used and like Recuva.  That being said, depending on exactly what sort of recovery is being done, it may not be the best tool for the task.  I have been wondering since the topic started exactly what it is that the recovery attempt is being made for and on what medium.

For partition recoveries or even mass file recoveries TestDisk may be the better tool, though I cannot speak to its accessibility.

Also, if the file one wishes to recover is on a HDD or SSD that's still being actively used, time is of the essence since the blocks now marked as free are up for grabs for reuse at any moment.  When using any recovery tool it is essential that the disc being recovered from be offline and that what's being recovered be recovered to a different disk, at least if we're talking about trying to get something more than a single file or a couple of files.  If the latter, you still have "the clock is ticking" factor if the disc is in use.

           ~ Bertrand Russell

Don H

No not a portable version of NVDA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don H" <lmddh50@adams.net>