From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Don H <lmddh50@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:58:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] win 10 emoji's panel

Is there any tutorials regarding how to use the emoji's  panel with NVDA?
Thanks

Hi,
I covered this in various Windows 10 build podcasts:
https://www.josephsl.net/tutorials

I think it might be best to give you an impromptu tutorial:

The emoji panel looks like a grid of emoji characters that you can arrow through. You can look for different emojis, search them, and insert one or more of these.

To use this, provided that you have Windows 10 version 1709 (Fall Creators Update) or later (limitations apply), press Windows+period (.). Then use the arrow keys to navigate through this panel and press Enter to select and insert emojis. To close this panel, press Escape.

Note that there were changes made in Version 1809 (October 2018 Update, which is put on hold at the moment). In 1709 and 1803 (April 2018 Update), you can cycle through different emoji categories by pressing Tab. In Version 1809, press Tab to go to categories, then press left or right arrow to go through different categories and press Enter on the one you wish to browse. This was done partly so that you can select skin tones for people emoji (which you can do by select "people" emoji category, press Tab, then use left or right arrows to cycle through skin tones, press Enter on the one you want, then press Tab to go through resulting emojis).

Note that the above tutorial works regardless of screen readers in use. As of October 2018, the only known screen readers that'll support Windows 10 emoji panel are Narrator and NVDA (not yet for JAWS, which I'm sure Vispero will do something about in the future).

Cheers,
Joseph

On 2018-10-11 5:26 PM, P. Otter wrote:
hi, i can tell you what to do.
1 press windows key plus point/dot.
2 now you can withe the arrow keys right and left along all emojis
with the tab key you can choose a category such as smiley faces and animals, people like pinococcus plants and food.
now choose an emoji, when found the right one, press enter.
the emoji will be placed where you are.
after that you can exit the emoji menu by pressing escape.
and all is done.
cheers
paul otter

Op 11-10-2018 om 23:58 schreef Don H:
Is there any tutorials regarding how to use the emoji's  panel with NVDA?
Thanks

.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Is there an imogee for I never use Imogees?
Hides behind sofa to avoid rotten tomatoes.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-