Topics

Nvda remote access

Joe Paton

Good evening,

In the latest batch of NVDA releases, the option to connect to remote devices, has gone. It used to be under tools, remote, now there is nothing.
Has this function been removed? or, where is it now? the plug in is installed, and active.
Many thanks.

Jackie

Have you downloaded the latest update of NVDA remote?

On 10/12/18, Joe Paton <patonplace@gmail.com> wrote:
Good evening,

In the latest batch of NVDA releases, the option to connect to remote
devices, has gone. It used to be under tools, remote, now there is
nothing.
Has this function been removed? or, where is it now? the plug in is
installed, and active.
Many thanks.

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

Joe Paton

Hello Jackie,
That, indeed was the problem. I had version 1.2, version 2.2, fixed the issue.

Thank you so much.
Joe

Jackie

Hey, Joe, you're more than welcome, believe me! If all the problems I
had to solve were that simple, I'd be walkin' in clover lol.

There was just a lot of discussion on this list awhile back that the
old NVDA Remote was incompatible w/the latest version of NVDA, & that
the authors had just recently updated it to make it so. I was blessed
to have remembered all that, I guess, & it didn't hurt either that it
affected me as well.

Have a great weekend.

On 10/12/18, Joe Paton <patonplace@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Jackie,
That, indeed was the problem. I had version 1.2, version 2.2, fixed the
issue.

Thank you so much.
Joe

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

DAVID <davidlacaille2@...>

hi all.
how come I cant use the options or conict to anything using the remote addon.

--
David La Caille

Antony Stone

Hm, I wonder...

Maybe it's because there's a problem.

Tell us what versions of Windows, NVDA and NVDA Remote you're using, how
you're trying to do things, and what happens when to try to connect (error
message, nothing, what?), and maybe we can help.

Otherwise we can only guess, and that's probably not helpful.

Antony.

On Friday 12 October 2018 at 23:05:48, DAVID wrote:

hi all.
how come I cant use the options or conict to anything using the remote
addon.
--
"In fact I wanted to be John Cleese and it took me some time to realise that
the job was already taken."

- Douglas Adams

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Jackie

David, again, did you update to the latest version of the remote addon?

On 10/12/18, Antony Stone <antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it> wrote:
[...]

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

be sure you are running nvdaremote.com v2.2

[...]

the windows am using is windows 8.1 NVDA 2018 remote addon 2.2
when I go to the remote options and click on conict or options it keep
going back to the desktop.
it just not letting me get into the options or to connict at all.
hope I said it so that you could see what is going on.

On 10/12/18, Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@comcast.net> wrote:
[...]

Roger Stewart

Yep, I see what's going on. You need to update to NVDA 2018.3.2.  Then all should be good.

Roger

On 10/12/2018 6:15 PM, DAVID wrote:
[...]

ok well guess what I did and the same problem.
now what if I did a cleen oninstall and then reinstall would that help?

On 10/12/18, Roger Stewart <paganus2@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

have you tried reinstaling it?