IMAP mail rules in gmail using NVDA

Ketan Kothari

Hi friends,

I am planning to set up my gmail account as an IMAP with windows live
mail. I want my mails to organize in different folders. How can I
create rules online using NVDA? Please do help. Thank you.

Ketan

--
Ketan Kothari
Phone: [r] 24223281,

Ketan,

        All folder and rule setup for IMAP is generally done on the e-mail server and in the case of Gmail that means using their webmail interface, settings page, Filters and Blocked Addresses "tab"/link.

        I know that I posted step-by-step stuff on this at one point and can try to find it again if needed.  Be aware that what most of the world would call an e-mail folder Gmail terms a "label."  Labels are implemented as IMAP folders and I have no idea what possessed Google to call them labels instead.  You can create all these labels/folders before you do your filters if you so wish (and it is easier if you know what you want as far as folders) by using the Labels tab/link.

Found my step-by-step instructions in my archive, so since attachments aren't supported here I'm posting a direct download link to them on Google Drive.  The file is in PDF format.

Creating Labels/Folders & Filters for Gmail