OpenOffice?

Dan Beaver

Does OpenOffice not need Java accessbridge now?

It used to and I found it less than reliable.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

It hasn't needed that for quite some time, if I recall. I know Libreoffice doesn't need it.

On 9/15/2016 12:22 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
Does OpenOffice not need Java accessbridge now?

It used to and I found it less than reliable.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

Kevin Cussick

no, these days are long gone.

On 15/09/2016 17:22, Dan Beaver wrote:
Does OpenOffice not need Java accessbridge now?

It used to and I found it less than reliable.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

I'm a bit out of touch, but does Libra and Open Office still have the read whole document issue with nvda?
Ie it will stop before theend.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Does OpenOffice not need Java accessbridge now?

It used to and I found it less than reliable.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

Walmir Schultz <wsautodidata@...>

Hi,

For my use, OpenOffice is even worse than LibreOffice.

It appears that those suites and NVDA have some form of incompatibility because when used together, both become unstable.

In LibreOffice, working with a very complex spreadsheet for some time causes NVDA to stop talking (using F2 to reestablish things don't work).

In some cases, Calc totally stops responding.

Calculations with very large chunks of data (as adding cells of wntire columns become VERY SLOW).

Change spreadsheets with PAGE DOWN and PAGE UP have strange results: instead of speaking the name of the spreadsheet, sometimes NVDA becomes mute.

NVDA+SPACE don't work.

And so on...

I used MS Office some time ago in a friend computer and was amazed how well NVDA and MS suite function together, but I can't afford buying Office :(

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Cussick via Groups.io" <the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io>
Does OpenOffice not need Java accessbridge now?

It used to and I found it less than reliable.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

Dean Masters <dwmasters15@...>

Calc from Open Office also has these problems using JAWS. so you need to save frequently in case it crashes and you lose all the info you have put in.

Dean