Microsoft word question ... word count

Ann Byrne

Press f6 to get to the status bar. If the word count isn't displayed, press the applications key and arrow through the display choices to activate the word count.

At 06:33 AM 10/15/2018, you wrotBut using that command reads the entire status bar and it is very difficult, if possible at all, to pick out that one number from all the other information. However, if you read the status line, that moves the NVDA review location to the status line. So, if you figure out what order the information is presented, you can review the line item by item and determine the number.

From: <mailto:rui.fontes@tiflotecnia.com>Rui Fontes
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2018 5:27 AM
To: <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft word question

As I said, the hotkey is NVDA+End.

Rui

Às 01:29 de 15/10/2018, Pranav Lal escreveu:
Hi,

Use the f6 key to cycle between the document
and the status bar. I do not know of a hotkey to read it but this may be a good feature request.

Pranav

Gene

It appears that once you are on the status bar, this is a tool bar and that to see what is shown, you need to use the right and left arrows, as you would to move through a standard tool bar.