NVDA and eclipse

Diego Ricardo Matos <diegoricardomatosm4@...>

Hello guys!
I am having several problems with the eclipse and NVDA.
I am programming in java language, and when I open the program, NVDA
is unable to put the focus in the program.
When I go with alt+tab and I press NvDA+t, he speaks only explorer.
It's as if NvDA is not able to interact with it, but in fact, if I
type something still works.
Another problem I have are the on-screen messages and dialogs question
NVDA can't read.
Any idea?
I have already enabled the java access bridge by painéu control, and I'm
using the jdk 8 32-bit, along with the eclipse 32-bit, NVDA 2018.3.2
and windows 10 64-bit.
What do you do?
Sorry for my english.

Diego Ricardo Matos <diegoricardomatosm4@...>

the java 8 32 bit is compatible with NVDA and access bridge, or I have
to install java 7?

Dear Diego Ricardo Matos

Thank you for your message.

I have never used Eclipse, so I might be adding nothing helpful, sorry.

The page at the following address recommends installing both the 64-bit and
the 32-bit versions of the Java runtime environment on 64-bit Microsoft
Windows. I do not know whether this will help you, because the reason that
the page gives sounds as if it will not help you.

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/access/enable_and_test.html

" It is recommend[ed] that you install both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions
of the JRE. The 32-bit version only adds support for 32-bit assistive
technology, and the 64-bit version only adds support for 64-bit assistive
technology."

Have you tried any other Java application to confirm that the Java Access
Bridge is working properly? This page suggests using the SwingSet2.jar
application, which you can find in either jdk-8u191-windows-i586-demos.zip
or jdk-8u191-windows-x64-demos.zip available on the page at the following
address:

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

When you have extracted the files in the zip archive, you should find the
SwingSet2 application: demo\jfc\SwingSet2\SwingSet2.jar

I sent a message to this list less than 24 hours ago describing the behavior
I experienced with the SwingSet2 application. Perhaps that would be useful
to you.

However, if you already know that the Java Access Bridge is working with
another Java Swing application, you need not worry about SwingSet2 at all.

I hope that this helps, but remember, I have never used Eclipse, so I might
be unintentionally wasting your time.

Thank you

David

________________________________

Notice of Confidentiality

This email is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed and may be confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not disclose, reproduce, distribute or use this
information. Delivery of this message to any person other than the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed is not intended in any way to
waive confidentiality. If you have received this email in error please
notify the sender and delete the message immediately.

RNA Analytics is a limited liability company registered in England and
Wales, under registered number 10521383.
The registered address is: Ground Floor, Bancroft Place, 10 Bancroft Road,
Reigate, Surrey, RH2 7RP, United Kingdom

________________________________

Diego Ricardo Matos <diegoricardomatosm4@...>

Hello guys!
Could you send the email with what should happen to NVDA and swingset?
I was not on the list, and I did not find the topic.
Thank you.

Em 18/10/2018 12:01, Diego Ricardo Matos escreveu:

[...]

Isaac Porat

Hello

Eclipse although written in java does not use Swing, it uses SWT, the Standard Widget Toolkit, which does not require the java access bridge, it should work with NVDA out of the box.

Although not recently, I used Eclipse with NVDA for years, various issues were address over the years.

I checked just now my Eclipse version and it works fine.

Have a look at Eclipse accessibility which is one of the topics here:
https://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Faccessibility%2Faccessmain.htm

After you start Eclipse, when you press Alt do you get the menu?

Regards
Isaac

On 18/10/2018 16:12, David Apps wrote:
Dear Diego Ricardo Matos

Java 8 works with NVDA 2018.2.3. According to "java -version", I am using version 1.8.0_181.

Thank you

David