NVDA STOPS SPEAKING RANDOMLY

Christo Vorster

Hi Group

I’m sorry if I missed messages regarding my problem, but I experience NVDA falling silent every now and then while I am working in MS W, MS Excel, Outlook, and even when I am playing some games. Regarding the games, I silence NVDA.

I suddenly thought that it might not be a NVDA problem, but I’m not sure.

I use a Del desktop computer with Windows 10, the latest update, MS Office 2016 and NVDA 2018.3.2.

Regards

Christo Vorster

Programme Co-ordinator | Program Koördineerder

20 Adderley Street, Worcester

T 023 348 7636 F 086 415 6839

www.innovationfortheblind.org

Clarissa Mitchell

I had this problem a few days ago and wrote to the list about it. I
haven't experienced it since then. Some other trouble I had,
especially yesterday, was that my CPU was at an outrageous percentage.
I ran Disk Cleanup, Disk Defragmenter, and reorganized some files. And
I also uninstalled Malwarebytes. I'm not sure if any of these things
in particular helped, but both my problems seem to have disappeared. I
had a lot of large downloads, especially games. This is just a guess,
but maybe NVDA stops speaking because the CPU load is too high.
There's an add-on for NVDA called Resource Monitor. With that
installed, you can press insert+shift+1 and it will tell you the CPU
load.

On 10/18/18, Christo Vorster <christo@training-innovationfortheblind.org> wrote:
Hi Group

I’m sorry if I missed messages regarding my problem, but I experience NVDA
falling silent every now and then while I am working in MS W, MS Excel,
Outlook, and even when I am playing some games. Regarding the games, I
silence NVDA.

I suddenly thought that it might not be a NVDA problem, but I’m not sure.

I use a Del desktop computer with Windows 10, the latest update, MS Office
2016 and NVDA 2018.3.2.

Regards

Christo Vorster

Programme Co-ordinator | Program Koördineerder

20 Adderley Street, Worcester

T 023 348 7636 F 086 415 6839

www.innovationfortheblind.org <http://www.innovationfortheblind.org>

Gene

Before you ran all these maintenance programs, did you try rebooting?  These programs have nothing to do with the CPU load.  The CPU load is determined by the number of processes running and how much computer resources they use.

Diksk Cleanup removes unused and unneeded files like temporary files.  Defrag moves files and parts of files that make up one file closer together so the hard drive doesn't have to do as much work to get the information since it is close together.  But none of this has to do with the processor load.

I'm telling you this to help you understand what these programs do and because it is inefficient and useless to do unnecessary maintenance.  I'm not sure how this is done and others may tell you, but you can use the Task Manager to get an idea of what programs are using a lot of computer resources.

And, as I said, just rebooting may solve the problem.

Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA STOPS SPEAKING RANDOMLY