BrailleNote Apex will no work with latest NVDA and Bluetooth

Armando Maldonado

Hello,
I'm trying to connect my brailleNote Apex with latest NVDA release and no matter what HumanWare Braillenote driver I choose I get a Cannot load Braille driver error. How can I remedy this issue and how can I save this so NVDA can remember which display to use so it will not revert to No Braille? Thanks.
Armando

Antony Stone

Firstly I would ask whether it worked with a previous version of NVDA, or is
this the first version you're trying to connect it with?

Secondly I would ask whether it works using USB, or whatever alternative
connection it supports other than Bluetooth.

Antony.

--
I conclude that there are two ways of constructing a software design: One way
is to make it so simple that there are _obviously_ no deficiencies, and the

- C A R Hoare

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Armando Maldonado

It worked using both methods in previous releases of NVDA and the reason I would like to go bluetooth is USB times out after a while, thanks.

[...]

Michael Munn

The Apex model of the Braille Note is no longer supported by Humanware.

Hi,

Apart from this news…

I’d like to know the following:

  1. Windows version you’ve got.
  2. If you are aware of automatic braille display detection in NVDA 2018.3 and later.
  3. Which port is BrailleNote connected to via Bluetooth (automatic or a COM port number).

I’m interested in this, as I do have an Apex and recently introduced Apex BT scroll wheel and BrailleNote QT support to NVDA in 2018.3.

Cheers,

Joseph

The Apex model of the Braille Note is no longer supported by Humanware.

Armando Maldonado

Hello, I am awer of automatic braille detection and it did not work for me, using winsows 10 andit's connecting via bluetooth. Thanks.

The Apex model of the Braille Note is no longer supported by Humanware.

Hi,

Okay, have you tried telling Windows 10 to forget your BrailleNote (Settings/Devices, then select your BrailleNote and remove) and pairing/connecting again? I think what might be happening is that NVDA might not be finding the BrailleNote at a designated Bluetooth COM port, or something else is going on.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello, I am awer of automatic braille detection and it did not work for me, using winsows 10 andit's connecting via bluetooth. Thanks.

The Apex model of the Braille Note is no longer supported by Humanware.

Armando Maldonado

Hello, yes, I have and still get same error, thanks.