Voice Activation with NVDA

Rechell Schwartz <rechell_schwartz@...>

Hello,

Are there any tools available that will allow a user to speak commands rather than type the? For example to click a link, select a radio button, or enter text via voice-activated commands.

----------------------------------------- This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I thought that Windows had something like this now in 10, I remember Dragon Naturally speaking used to do this too. Have you looked in accessibility in windows. I think its probably ease of use now, I lose track of the ever changing names for stuff.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Are there any tools available that will allow a user to speak commands rather than type the? For example to click a link, select a radio button, or enter text via voice-activated commands.

----------------------------------------- This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

Dave Clement <dclement@...>

I’m not certain but I recall reading about a product called “Dictation Bridge” which I think can support verbal commands for the PC. I also recall that it is free software but please Google it for correct details.

Dave Clement
Winnipeg MB

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rechell Schwartz via Groups.Io" <rechell_schwartz=glic.com@groups.io>
Are there any tools available that will allow a user to speak commands rather than type the? For example to click a link, select a radio button, or enter text via voice-activated commands.

----------------------------------------- This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

Ease of Access, Speech Pane (under the Interaction Section) has a toggle for, "Dictate text and control your device using only your voice."

Here's the Windows 10 Speech Recognition Commands page.

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

windows 10 has cortana which is similar to Apple's siri.

Are there any tools available that will allow a user to speak commands rather than type the? For example to click a link, select a radio button, or enter text via voice-activated commands.

----------------------------------------- This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

Pranav Lal

Hi all,

You can find dictationBridge at http://dictationbridge.com. It is open source. It works with Dragon and windows speech-recognition and does allow you to control the computer hands free using NVDA.

Note:
Cortana is different from Dragon and WSR.

Pranav

Rechell Schwartz <rechell_schwartz@...>

Thank you. Do you need to have either Dragon or Windows Speech Recognition (I.e., on Windows 10) to use the Dictation Bridge?

Thanks,
Rechell Schwartz
Guardian Life Insurance Company
IT - BTS Group UI/UX
(212)919-3853

You can find dictationBridge at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__dictationbridge.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=tgH_BtXR-501zcdE8-dvRgEg8aWmdQ-cSUXqw1qnbGU&r=doKEWVgxnbFIqe8hzuRxDkSmgEMtZruv5IW4zhydrys&m=qxqd4Tpaj4QepX0v1zOqkmZRqLjOD1hhLD0Xr_YPEt0&s=8rsJeo8_0Flmgms1xX8qPY6zfPC7BcScRV4Of9tY7xg&e=. It is open source. It works with Dragon and windows speech-recognition and does allow you to control the computer hands free using NVDA.

Note:
Cortana is different from Dragon and WSR.

Pranav

----------------------------------------- This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

Ann Byrne

Do you have to have dragon to use dictation bridge???

At 07:19 PM 10/21/2018, you wrote:
Hi all,

You can find dictationBridge at http://dictationbridge.com. It is open source. It works with Dragon and windows speech-recognition and does allow you to control the computer hands free using NVDA.

Note:
Cortana is different from Dragon and WSR.

Pranav

Sky Mundell

No. Dictation bridge will work with Windows speech recognition.

Do you have to have dragon to use dictation bridge???
At 07:19 PM 10/21/2018, you wrote:
Hi all,

You can find dictationBridge at http://dictationbridge.com. It is
open source. It works with Dragon and windows speech-recognition and
does allow you to control the computer hands free using NVDA.

Note:
Cortana is different from Dragon and WSR.

Pranav

Pranav Lal

Hi,
<snip Thank you. Do you need to have either Dragon or Windows Speech Recognition (I.e., on Windows 10) to use the Dictation Bridge?
PL] Yes.

Pranav

Pranav Lal

Ann,
<snip Do you have to have dragon to use dictation bridge???
PL] No because dictationBridge can work with WSR. However, you do get the
best speech-recognition experience with Dragon.

Pranav