How to Re-start NVDA

Rechell Schwartz <rechell_schwartz@...>

Suppose I stop the voice on NVDA by pressing the Control Key. How can I get it to resume reading when I am ready?

----------------------------------------- This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

Hi Rechelle,

Control key stops speaking altogether. In this situation, either move to another place, perform some reading commands, or do something else that causes NvDA to speak.

P.S. I highly recommend studying and listening to tutorials made by NV Access and me, as our materials will teach you all there is to it when it comes to using NVDA (including some advanced concepts).

Cheers,

Joseph

Suppose I stop the voice on NVDA by pressing the Control Key. How can I get it to resume reading when I am ready?

----------------------------------------- This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

Rechell Schwartz <rechell_schwartz@...>

I would love that. Please send me a link to your instructions.

Thanks,

Rechell Schwartz

Guardian Life Insurance Company

IT - BTS Group UI/UX

(212)919-3853

Suppose I stop the voice on NVDA by pressing the Control Key. How can I get it to resume reading when I am ready?

----------------------------------------- This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

Brian's Mail list account

Yes and also read in the user guide what the controls do, it can save a lot of messing about.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

_____

----------------------------------------- This message, and any attachments
to it, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any
attachments. Thank you.

Brice Mijares

To resume, NVDA key down arrow.

On 10/22/2018 8:51 AM, Rechell Schwartz via Groups.Io wrote:
Suppose I stop the voice on NVDA by pressing the Control Key. How can I get it to resume reading when I am ready?
----------------------------------------- This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

Hi,

The materials are:

Although both materials are a bit out of date, most of what NV Access and I will teach you applies to latest NVDA release (2018.3.2).

P.S. A repeat of a call I made a few months ago: for anyone wishing to produce the fourth edition of Welcome to NVDA (perhaps in late 2019), I advise start planning it right now so you can get a head start on that project. The fourth edition must go over redesigned NVDA Settings interface, as this alone will take a while to produce. The next one is the fourth edition because the one I just linked to is the third version (I produced these tutorials in 2013 and 2015, which also answers the question from another list member: I’ve been using NVDA full-time since 2012, although I was introduced to it way back in January 2008).

Cheers,

Joseph

Suppose I stop the voice on NVDA by pressing the Control Key. How can I get it to resume reading when I am ready?

----------------------------------------- This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

Hi,
Yes, that's one context where you can resume speech. There are so many
others where this command (NVDA+A on laptop layout) won't work to resume
speech.
Cheers,
Joseph

On 10/22/2018 8:51 AM, Rechell Schwartz via Groups.Io wrote:
Suppose I stop the voice on NVDA by pressing the Control Key. How can
I get it to resume reading when I am ready?

----------------------------------------- This message, and any
attachments to it, may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

Rui Fontes

If you want to suspend the voice and resume later, instead of using Control, use Shift.
The voice will be paused, and pressing again the Shift key it will resume talking...

Regards,

Rui Fontes

Às 16:51 de 22/10/2018, Rechell Schwartz via Groups.Io escreveu:

Suppose I stop the voice on NVDA by pressing the Control Key. How can I get it to resume reading when I am ready?
----------------------------------------- This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

Brice Mijares

Hi, I have a laptop with extended keyboard, therefore I use the desktop layout and NVDA down arrow works for me. But, thanks for the info.

On 10/22/2018 9:16 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
[...]

Chris Mullins

Hi

Do not use the control key to stop speech, use the shift key.  Shift acts like a pause key, press it again to resume speech.

Cheers

Chris

Cheers

Chris

Suppose I stop the voice on NVDA by pressing the Control Key. How can I get it to resume reading when I am ready?

----------------------------------------- This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

Gene

In this case, the say all command is the most logical inference about what is being asked.  In the desktop layout, the command is NVDA key, either insert by default, and the down arrow.  You can set the capslock to be an NVdA key and then you can use capslock down arrow for read to end.  That is for most people, I think, a much more convenient command.  If you want to know how to set the capslock as an NVDA key, ask here.  If you set it, you can still use either insert key, so you actually have three keys available as NVDA keys.