VLC alternative?

Robert Kingett <kingettspeaks@...>

I am looking for an NVDA accessible player that can basically play as many file types as VLC as well as podcasts and internet radio. There are a lot of inaccessible elements about VLC so does anyone have an alternative?

Erik Burggraaf <erik@...>

VLC must have fallen a long way since I used it many years ago. back then I found it perfectly accessible.   the main issue that I have with Windows media players in general is that they tend to be fraught with advertising.  this is the reason why I abandoned Winamp for VLC and then abandoned VLC for the kmplayer and then abandoned playing media on Windows all together...  I never tried it myself  but I believe foobar2000 is also accessible.  The very latest one I tried was the gone mad music player. this was billed as the very latest ad free thing in music for Windows. unfortunately it's accessibility left much to be desired.

Best,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On September 18, 2016 10:16:49 AM "Robert Kingett" <kingettspeaks@...> wrote:

I am looking for an NVDA accessible player that can basically play as many file types as VLC as well as podcasts and internet radio. There are a lot of inaccessible elements about VLC so does anyone have an alternative?

Michel Such

Hi,

Mediaplayer classic home cinema (mpc-hc) is fully accessible and relatively easy to configure.

                    Michel SUCH

michel.such@...
Skype : michel.such
Twitter : @SuchMichel
Le 2016-09-18 à 16:41, erik burggraaf a écrit :

[...]

Devin Prater

Foobar2000 works amazingly.

Devin Pratersent from Gmail.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 9:41 AM, erik burggraaf <erik@...> wrote:

[...]

Michael Capelle <mcapelle@...>

i love winamp, even though it is not being developed anymore, it sitill works.

Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2016 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] VLC alternative?

[...]

mk360

VLC with advertising? where? obviously on the download page, but VLC doesn't have advertising in the program it self and the setup installer is clean.

Regards,
mk.

El 18/09/2016 a las 11:41, erik burggraaf escribió:

[...]

Yea, foobar2000 is great. but it play video files? as I understand it is an audio player.

Regards,
mk.

winamp will paly audio file, grab it at ninite.com

<kingettspeaks@gmail.com <mailto:kingettspeaks@gmail.com>> wrote:

I am looking for an NVDA accessible player that can basically
play as many file types as VLC as well as podcasts and internet
radio. There are a lot of inaccessible elements about VLC so does
anyone have an alternative?

Gene

I've used Winamp for more than fifteen years and had no problem with advertising.  I don't know how you used it so there may be some uses that you see advertising.  But for playing files, there is none.  I see no reason to assume that VLC Player has declined.  All we know is that one person asked for alternatives.  If that person knew certain commands, such a request might not be made.

My impression, though I haven't looked into this and it's just an impression, is that players of the type being discussed are not intended to play a lot of Internet Radio.  for that, you would probably be much better off using something like Tapin Radio or with your browser, something like Tunein.

Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2016 9:41 AM

[...]

Salva Doménech Miguel <kibayasd@...>

Hi.
Yep, I also adore Winamp, but for playing videos is not the best alternative.

Cheers.

i love winamp, even though it is not being developed anymore, it sitill works.

Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2016 9:44 AM

[...]

Shaun Oliver

If you hunt around on the net, you can still aquire winamp and use that.

I am looking for an NVDA accessible player that can basically play as many file types as VLC as well as podcasts and internet radio. There are a lot of inaccessible elements about VLC so does anyone have an alternative?

Jacob Kruger

You can get winamp, gomplayer and foobar from ninite.com all in once go.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
On 2016-09-18 11:09 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:

If you hunt around on the net, you can still aquire winamp and use that.

I am looking for an NVDA accessible player that can basically play as many file types as VLC as well as podcasts and internet radio. There are a lot of inaccessible elements about VLC so does anyone have an alternative?

Roger Stewart

I heard someone or some company bought Winamp and is going to keep updating it. Haven't seen any updates in over a year though but it keeps on playing all my audio files and radio streams just fine.

Roger

On 9/18/2016 4:09 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:

If you hunt around on the net, you can still aquire winamp and use that.

I am looking for an NVDA accessible player that can basically play as many file types as VLC as well as podcasts and internet radio. There are a lot of inaccessible elements about VLC so does anyone have an alternative?

Monte Single

You can find  winamp, I think it is version 5.6   on the  audio page of;

www.Jaws-users.com

lots of apps and utils on that website.

If you hunt around on the net, you can still aquire winamp and use that.

I am looking for an NVDA accessible player that can basically play as many file types as VLC as well as podcasts and internet radio. There are a lot of inaccessible elements about VLC so does anyone have an alternative?

Arlene

No, nobody has updated it. I’m using it and on windows 7.

I am looking for an NVDA accessible player that can basically play as many file types as VLC as well as podcasts and internet radio. There are a lot of inaccessible elements about VLC so does anyone have an alternative?

Arlene

No, for me. I’m using windows 7. For videos windows media player  starts.

Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2016 9:44 AM

[...]

Several related things here. First of all, I think vlc uses a self contained set of codecs, so can actually play stuff other players may need external codecs for.
One recent issue I've had is a decent podcast downloader that is automated accessible and can get content from audioboom, which uses https streams, when most pocast receivers seem to balk at this but work well with the more normal http streams.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

On September 18, 2016 10:16:49 AM "Robert Kingett" <kingettspeaks@gmail.com> wrote:

I am looking for an NVDA accessible player that can basically play as many file types as VLC as well as podcasts and internet radio. There are a lot of inaccessible elements about VLC so does anyone have an alternative?

Peter Beasley

or Tom Lorrimer’s website www.whitestick.co.uk

Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2016 11:09 PM

You can find  winamp, I think it is version 5.6   on the  audio page of;

www.Jaws-users.com

lots of apps and utils on that website.

If you hunt around on the net, you can still aquire winamp and use that.

I am looking for an NVDA accessible player that can basically play as many file types as VLC as well as podcasts and internet radio. There are a lot of inaccessible elements about VLC so does anyone have an alternative?

Arlene

Yes, it’s winamp 5.66  Speaking of winamp. How does one make winamp the default player. I am using windows 7. 64 bit. I know you go to audible and do it that way. I did that. but when I go to play a file windows media player still comes up. I want winamp to play.  I can’t remember the life of me how I got winamp to be default. I’m senile. Thanks. I know with this 7 box it gets windows media player stuck in its craw that it has to be default. When you try to get it to have winamp as default. With my past computer all I had to do was go to a radio station that used winamp. And it asked if you wanted winamp as default. I’d say yes then it stayed winamp. Same with windows media player. But this computer it seems to stay stuck on windows media player no matter what I do. I’ll have to uninstall and reinstall winamp hoping that does the trick. Sorry for the long message.

You can find  winamp, I think it is version 5.6   on the  audio page of;

www.Jaws-users.com

lots of apps and utils on that website.

If you hunt around on the net, you can still aquire winamp and use that.

I am looking for an NVDA accessible player that can basically play as many file types as VLC as well as podcasts and internet radio. There are a lot of inaccessible elements about VLC so does anyone have an alternative?

RealTalk

I would definitely use Winamp, Foobar2000 works nicely as well, but you have to do some configuration first.