Topics

can't exit out of winamp

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is there a different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work. To be honest, I hate this version of winamp!

Rosemarie

Brice Mijares

You may try alt space bar follow by c.

Hi, everyone,
I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is there a different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work. To be honest, I hate this version of winamp!
Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

That didn't work either. I just tried it.

I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is there
a different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work.
To be honest, I hate this version of winamp!

Rosemarie

did you set it to classic view?

there is a  skin that is called classic view that you need to make sure it is selected

the other skins are not blind friendly

hth

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Rosemarie Chavarria

I did set it to classic view. The only way I could exit was to reboot the computer. I shouldn't have to do that every time I want to exit.

I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is
there a different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work.
To be honest, I hate this version of winamp!

Rosemarie

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Brice Mijares

Well, thanks for the heads up on the new win amp. I'll stick with the old version until all problems have been resolved.

That didn't work either. I just tried it.
I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is there
a different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work.
To be honest, I hate this version of winamp!

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I'm gonna reinstall the older version of winamp. At least I can work with it. I won't even touch the new version until they get all the bugs worked out of it.

Well, thanks for the heads up on the new win amp. I'll stick with the old version until all problems have been resolved.

That didn't work either. I just tried it.

I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is
there a different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work.
To be honest, I hate this version of winamp!

Rosemarie

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

if this is the new version did you uninstall the old one first?

I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is there a different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work. To be honest, I hate this version of winamp!

Rosemarie

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

hmm, i am not running into any of the problems mentioned.

I'm gonna reinstall the older version of winamp. At least I can work with it. I won't even touch the new version until they get all the bugs worked out of it.

Well, thanks for the heads up on the new win amp. I'll stick with the old version until all problems have been resolved.

That didn't work either. I just tried it.

I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is
there a different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work.
To be honest, I hate this version of winamp!

Rosemarie

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

you can press winKey +t
arrow to the task and press the applications key
arrow up to close window and enter

or

prss control+shift+escape to open processes
arrow down to the offending process and press alt+e to end it.

I did set it to classic view. The only way I could exit was to reboot the computer. I shouldn't have to do that every time I want to exit.

I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is
there a different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work.
To be honest, I hate this version of winamp!

Rosemarie

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Gene

I don't know about the new version of Winamp.  In the old versions, presssing just alt by itself brings up a menu something like what is referred to as the system menu.  You will see, if you up or down arrow through the menu, a close item.  the command for it is c.
But when I tried c, it didn't work.  Press alt, up arrow, its much shorter, until you get to close and press enter.  Does that close the program?

Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 8:37 PM

Hi, everyone,

I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is there a different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work. To be honest, I hate this version of winamp!

Rosemarie

Gene

Do you know how to use the task manager?  You shouldn't have to reboot even if you can't close the program within the program.

Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 8:48 PM

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Rosemarie Chavarria

I did uninstall the old version first before installing the new one. After trying the new version and finding that it didn't work, I uninstalled it and reinstalled my previous version.

if this is the new version did you uninstall the old one first?

I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is there a different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work. To be honest, I hate this version of winamp!

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Pressing the alt key and arrowing up to C and hitting enter would close the program but I couldn't even do that in the new version.

Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 8:37 PM

Hi, everyone,

I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is there a different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work. To be honest, I hate this version of winamp!

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I had problems even installing it. It has to be said that its a beta, and has some rough edges still. I seem to recall the set up is key, ie the old skins normally allow exit better, but I've gone back to the old one.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is there a
different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work. To be
honest, I hate this version of winamp!

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

They will not be changing the 5.8 version. Due to copyright issues a lot of the code is owned by the successor to AOL and they intend to replace this with non copyright code and then put out a version 6.0. That may be OK but who knows at this stage. The 5.8 was only put out officially as somebody leaked it and they were worried dodgy copies might be around with viruses, so made an official download.
I suspect it is in the config that the problem is, so maybe it needs some further tweaking.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I'm gonna reinstall the older version of winamp. At least I can work with it. I won't even touch the new version until they get all the bugs worked out of it.

Well, thanks for the heads up on the new win amp. I'll stick with the old version until all problems have been resolved.

That didn't work either. I just tried it.

I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is
there a different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work.
To be honest, I hate this version of winamp!

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I suspect its down to the choices you made at install time. Winamp was always a bit messy as if you chose badly the pull down menu was not visible at all.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

hmm, i am not running into any of the problems mentioned.
I'm gonna reinstall the older version of winamp. At least I can work with it. I won't even touch the new version until they get all the bugs worked out of it.

Well, thanks for the heads up on the new win amp. I'll stick with the old version until all problems have been resolved.

That didn't work either. I just tried it.

I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is
there a different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work.
To be honest, I hate this version of winamp!

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

If you don't it falls over half way, so one assumes they did that.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

if this is the new version did you uninstall the old one first?
I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is there a different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work. To be honest, I hate this version of winamp!

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

No for some reason you had the new skin engine in. I found this on the earlier version. Maybe the new version has it set by default?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Pressing the alt key and arrowing up to C and hitting enter would close the
program but I couldn't even do that in the new version.

I tried exiting winamp but this new version isn't responding. Is there a
different way to get out? I tried alt f-4 and x but it didn't work. To be
honest, I hate this version of winamp!

Rosemarie

Clare Page <clare.page@...>

Hi!
For me, the new Winamp behaves like the old one, including being able to exit the program with alt+F4 as I have always done. I am using the Winamp Classic skin, that might make a difference.
Bye for now!
From Clare