Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:35 PM
Subject: [nvda] Phonetic spelling again

Thanks for the info, Jean. I went through the users’ guide and the quick reference documents and didn’t find anything specifically about activating phonetic spelling. Is there a way to do this from a laptop without using a numpad? Where can I find this info in the NVDA documentation?
Thanks,
Janet

Janet Brandly

Hello Jean,
Thank you for responding to my email. When trying to find out how to turn on phonetic spelling, I did searches of both the Quick Commands and User Guide for the term “phonetic” and got an error indicating that the word could not be found. Is there another term I should have looked for?
I agree about using a regular versus an laptop layout.
Thanks,
Janet