Dumb question about writing posts in Wordpress

John J. Boyer

I'm just getting started with Wordpress. When I write a post the title is no problem. However, when I write the body I
can't terminate the editor and move on to the next field. What is the keystroke to terminate the editor? I can't find
that anywhere. Probably that's because it's obvious to the sighted, but it should have been explained.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...

Jackie

Hit escape twice & then tab out.

On 10/30/18, John J. Boyer <john.boyer@...> wrote:
I'm just getting started with Wordpress. When I write a post the title is no
problem. However, when I write the body I
can't terminate the editor and move on to the next field. What is the
keystroke to terminate the editor? I can't find
that anywhere. Probably that's because it's obvious to the sighted, but it
should have been explained.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
services
that are available at no cost

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

Jackie

Also, John, you may wish to try the 'text' as opposed to the 'visual'
editor, which is enabled by default.

On 10/30/18, Jackie McBride <abletec@...> wrote:
[...]

How did you find out which keystrokes to use? i have searched Wordpress.org extensively and didn't find a hint.

John

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 11:29:22AM -0700, Jackie wrote:
[...]

Hi John,
You're probably on the focus mode.
Just get off of it and press tab some times, now you should be able to continue with your post without problems.

Hth

Cheers,
Marcio

Em 30/10/2018 15:02, John J. Boyer escreveu:

I'm just getting started with Wordpress. When I write a post the title is no problem. However, when I write the body I
can't terminate the editor and move on to the next field. What is the keystroke to terminate the editor? I can't find
that anywhere. Probably that's because it's obvious to the sighted, but it should have been explained.

Thanks,
John

John J. Boyer

Sorry, neither of those approaches works. Pressing escape twice does nothing. If I'm in focus mode how do I get back to
browse mode. There doesn't seem to be a NVDA key for that. The post body is an editor. There must be a special ctrl or
alt keystroke to terminate it.

John

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 04:14:59PM -0300, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

NVDA+Spacebar will exit this mode.

Em 30/10/2018 18:13, John J. Boyer escreveu:

[...]

Kevin <kleeva5@...>

Here’s an even dumber question,  what’s Wordpress

And why not just post in facebook, is it the same thing?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Just get off of it and press tab some times, now you should be able to

continue with your post without problems.

Hth

Cheers,

Marcio

Em 30/10/2018 15:02, John J. Boyer escreveu:

> I'm just getting started with Wordpress. When I write a post the title is no problem. However, when I write the body I

> can't terminate the editor and move on to  the next field. What is the keystroke to terminate the editor? I can't find

> that anywhere. Probably that's because it's obvious to the sighted, but it should have been explained.

> Thanks,

> John

John J. Boyer

That is a very good question. I hope it is answered by people with experience in both Wordpress and Facebook.

Meanwhile, I still can't terminate the editor for the body of posts on wordpress. There must be people on this list who
are doing that successfully, not just guessing.

John

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 06:45:32PM -0700, Kevin wrote:
[...]

Kevin,
I think Wordpress and Facebook aren't the same thing. See, Wordpress is a blog manager platform, whereas Facebook is a social network.
But of course we can post everything we want both using Wordpress and Facebook, although I believe there's a different purpose for each one.

Cheers,
Marcio

Em 30/10/2018 22:45, Kevin escreveu:

Here’s an even dumber question,  what’s Wordpress

And why not just post in facebook, is it the same thing?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Just get off of it and press tab some times, now you should be able to

continue with your post without problems.

Hth

Cheers,

Marcio

Em 30/10/2018 15:02, John J. Boyer escreveu:

> I'm just getting started with Wordpress. When I write a post the title is no problem. However, when I write the body I

> can't terminate the editor and move on to  the next field. What is the keystroke to terminate the editor? I can't find

> that anywhere. Probably that's because it's obvious to the sighted, but it should have been explained.

> Thanks,

> John

Jackie

John, truthfully, pressing tab just once for me tabs away from the
WordPress visual editor. You do need to press NVDA+space to exit
browse mode. As someone who has done WordPress for 8 years, as a site
owner myself, a hosting provider for primarily WordPress sites, & a
holder of a WordPress Support forum Contributor badge, I'm scarcely
"just guessing". Obviously I don't know what your setup is, ie, if
it's a virtual box where keystrokes may not work as expected, etc, but
tab does work. You may wish to try shift-tabbing back to the title box
& again, you'll find it necessary to press NVDA+space.

On 10/31/18, marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21@...> wrote:
[...]

Sarah k Alawami

Wordpress is a CMS or content management service. Blogs and websites are made using this as I don't think you want to write a million lines of html code. Facebook is just a social network but wordpress can use plugins to link posts from facebook and or twitter and can enable users to share to facebook and or twitter or tumbler or what not. Go to wordpress.org and read more about what it is and how it can be used.

On 30 Oct 2018, at 18:45, Kevin wrote:

Here’s an even dumber question,  what’s Wordpress

And why not just post in facebook, is it the same thing?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Just get off of it and press tab some times, now you should be able to

continue with your post without problems.

Hth

Cheers,

Marcio

Em 30/10/2018 15:02, John J. Boyer escreveu:

> I'm just getting started with Wordpress. When I write a post the title is no problem. However, when I write the body I

> can't terminate the editor and move on to  the next field. What is the keystroke to terminate the editor? I can't find

> that anywhere. Probably that's because it's obvious to the sighted, but it should have been explained.

> Thanks,

> John

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

word press is a program to build websites on
its called a content management system
it was said its an easy way to build websites, i yet to realise that
lol
i am now going to learn word press

Just get off of it and press tab some times, now you should be able to

continue with your post without problems.

Hth

Cheers,

Marcio

Em 30/10/2018 15:02, John J. Boyer escreveu:

> I'm just getting started with Wordpress. When I write a post the title is no problem. However, when I write the body I

> can't terminate the editor and move on to  the next field. What is the keystroke to terminate the editor? I can't find

> that anywhere. Probably that's because it's obvious to the sighted, but it should have been explained.

> Thanks,

> John

Abbie Taylor

John, are you using the new Wordpress editor? That has a nasty toolbar that's a female dog to get out of. Try pressing Shift plus Tab until you eventually reach the title, then Space plus NVDA to get back into browse mode, and you should be goode to go. I hope that helps.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com