WordPress for dummies

John J. Boyer

Hi Jackie,

Sorry for doubting your expertise. I'm really just floundering around in WordPress. Suddenly pressing tab has begun to
take me out of the editor. It goes to a button called Toggle Panel, not to the Publish box. I have quite a number of
comments on the few posts I have been able to make.

I need a tutorial on blogs. Frankly, I don't think WordPress is very friendly to beginners. A mailing list would be much
more appropriate for that than the forums.

Let's hear feedback.

John

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 07:54:04AM -0700, Jackie wrote:
John, truthfully, pressing tab just once for me tabs away from the
WordPress visual editor. You do need to press NVDA+space to exit
browse mode. As someone who has done WordPress for 8 years, as a site
owner myself, a hosting provider for primarily WordPress sites, & a
holder of a WordPress Support forum Contributor badge, I'm scarcely
"just guessing". Obviously I don't know what your setup is, ie, if
it's a virtual box where keystrokes may not work as expected, etc, but
tab does work. You may wish to try shift-tabbing back to the title box
& again, you'll find it necessary to press NVDA+space.

On 10/31/18, marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:
Kevin,
I think Wordpress and Facebook aren't the same thing. See, Wordpress is
a blog manager platform, whereas Facebook is a social network.
But of course we can post everything we want both using Wordpress and
Facebook, although I believe there's a different purpose for each one.

Cheers,
Marcio

Em 30/10/2018 22:45, Kevin escreveu:

Here’s an even dumber question,  what’s Wordpress

And why not just post in facebook, is it the same thing?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee