Not able to open pdf file

farhan israk

I use Windows 10 1803, jaws 18, nvda 2018.3.2 and latest adobe reader. When I use nvda then I can't open pdf file. But, when I use jaws then I can open pdf file. How to fix it?

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello,
Can you explain what happens when you open the PDF file with NVDA?
You press enter on the file and nothing happens?
If you open it with Jaws, then you try to read it with NVDA, is there a difference?
Best
Sylvie

Le 02/11/2018 à 14:47, farhan israk a écrit :

I use Windows 10 1803, jaws 18, nvda 2018.3.2 and latest adobe reader. When I use nvda then I can't open pdf file. But, when I use jaws then I can open pdf file. How to fix it?

farhan israk

Adobe reader shows not responding.

On Fri, 2 Nov 2018, 7:51 pm Sylvie Duchateau <sduchateau@... wrote:

Hello,
Can you explain what happens when you open the PDF file with NVDA?
You press enter on the file and nothing happens?
If you open it with Jaws, then you try to read it with NVDA, is there a difference?
Best
Sylvie
Le 02/11/2018 à 14:47, farhan israk a écrit :

I use Windows 10 1803, jaws 18, nvda 2018.3.2 and latest adobe reader. When I use nvda then I can't open pdf file. But, when I use jaws then I can open pdf file. How to fix it?

Mallard

Adobe seems to have all sorts of issues these days. I have the same problems with Adobe Digital Editions...

Ciao,

Ollie

On Fri, 2 Nov 2018, 7:51 pm Sylvie Duchateau <sduchateau@access42.net <mailto:sduchateau@access42.net> wrote:

Hello,
Can you explain what happens when you open the PDF file with NVDA?
You press enter on the file and nothing happens?
If you open it with Jaws, then you try to read it with NVDA, is
there a difference?
Best
Sylvie
Le 02/11/2018 à 14:47, farhan israk a écrit :

I use Windows 10 1803, jaws 18, nvda 2018.3.2 and latest adobe
reader. When I use nvda then I can't open pdf file. But, when I
use jaws then I can open pdf file. How to fix it?

Kerryn Gunness

you all can use acrobat reader DC

[...]

I use acrobat reader dc

On Fri, 2 Nov 2018, 11:27 pm Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io <k_gunness=yahoo.ca@groups.io wrote:
you all can use acrobat reader DC

Adobe seems to have all sorts of issues these days. I have the same
problems with Adobe Digital Editions...

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 02/11/2018 16:13, farhan israk ha scritto:

> Adobe reader shows not responding.
>

> On Fri, 2 Nov 2018, 7:51 pm Sylvie Duchateau <sduchateau@...
> <mailto:sduchateau@...> wrote:
>

>     Hello,
>     Can you explain what happens when you open the PDF file with NVDA?
>     You press enter on the file and nothing happens?
>     If you open it with Jaws, then you try to read it with NVDA, is
>     there a difference?
>     Best
>     Sylvie
>     Le 02/11/2018 à 14:47, farhan israk a écrit :
>>
>>     I use Windows 10 1803, jaws 18, nvda 2018.3.2 and latest adobe
>>     reader. When I use nvda then I can't open pdf file. But, when I
>>     use jaws then I can open pdf file. How to fix it?

Mallard

No, not my problem. I use Qread, edge or even Chrome for pdf files. My problem is with Adobe Digital Editions, which doesn't seem to be able to open acsm files to download teh actual ebooks with NVDA lately.

Ciao,

Ollie

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mallard" <mallard@kimabe.eu>
[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Can it open small pdf files or is this on all files?
I was thinking about a ticket about some backends recently changed causing firefox to crash, and wondered if it affected Adobe as well. Certainly I've seen no difference between jaws and nvda on windows 7, but I'm assuming you are not using an Alpha snap of nvda which might be where this has happened.
If you use a portable version of nvda does the same issue occur?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Can you explain what happens when you open the PDF file with NVDA?
You press enter on the file and nothing happens?
If you open it with Jaws, then you try to read it with NVDA, is there a
difference?
Best
Sylvie
Le 02/11/2018 à 14:47, farhan israk a écrit :

I use Windows 10 1803, jaws 18, nvda 2018.3.2 and latest adobe reader.
When I use nvda then I can't open pdf file. But, when I use jaws then I can
open pdf file. How to fix it?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes I think most of us do. I also sometimes use the accessible pdf reader from webbie as well if its mostly textual and not needing any formatting.
To me too many pdf files these days are pictures or not tagged for changes in reading order, but this is the first time I've heard of things locking up like this. It might be interesting to see the part of a log when adobe acrobat is opened by the file.

yahoo.ca@groups.io wrote:

[...]

Oh that piece of software has never behaved for me at any time it tends to lock, fall out of itself or just be very slow.
[...]

Oh, don't tell me! It's driving me crazy! But it's the only way to download ebooks from our public libraries here. I wish they made a better job of tehse epub's, forgetting about Adobe DRM, but I'm a fraid we'll have to live with it for many years to come.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 02/11/2018 21:36, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io ha scritto:
[...]

No, it can't open small pdf file. I use stable standard nvda. I will send log as soon as possible.

On Sat, 3 Nov 2018, 5:01 am Mallard <mallard@... wrote:
Oh, don't tell me! It's driving me crazy! But it's the only way to
download ebooks from our public libraries here. I wish they made a
better job of tehse epub's, forgetting about Adobe DRM, but I'm a fraid
we'll have to live with it for many years to come.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 02/11/2018 21:36, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io ha scritto:
> Oh that piece of software has never behaved for me at any time it
> tends to lock, fall out of itself or just be very slow.
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal E-mail to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mallard" <mallard@...>

Here is log

On Sat, 3 Nov 2018, 5:03 pm farhan israk <fahim.net.2014@... wrote:

No, it can't open small pdf file. I use stable standard nvda. I will send log as soon as possible.

On Sat, 3 Nov 2018, 5:01 am Mallard <mallard@... wrote:
Oh, don't tell me! It's driving me crazy! But it's the only way to
download ebooks from our public libraries here. I wish they made a
better job of tehse epub's, forgetting about Adobe DRM, but I'm a fraid
we'll have to live with it for many years to come.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 02/11/2018 21:36, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io ha scritto:
> Oh that piece of software has never behaved for me at any time it
> tends to lock, fall out of itself or just be very slow.
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal E-mail to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mallard" <mallard@...>

Sarah k Alawami

I yu attached the log the list is set to block attachment.s Paste the text in the body of the message or email the dev off list.

Take care.

On Sun, 4 Nov 2018, 12:52 am Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@... wrote:

I yu attached the log the list is set to block attachment.s Paste the text in the body of the message or email the dev off list.

Take care.

On 3 Nov 2018, at 11:37, farhan israk wrote:

Here is log

On Sat, 3 Nov 2018, 5:03 pm farhan israk <fahim.net.2014@... wrote:

No, it can't open small pdf file. I use stable standard nvda. I will send log as soon as possible.

On Sat, 3 Nov 2018, 5:01 am Mallard <mallard@... wrote:
Oh, don't tell me! It's driving me crazy! But it's the only way to
download ebooks from our public libraries here. I wish they made a
better job of tehse epub's, forgetting about Adobe DRM, but I'm a fraid
we'll have to live with it for many years to come.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 02/11/2018 21:36, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io ha scritto:
> Oh that piece of software has never behaved for me at any time it
> tends to lock, fall out of itself or just be very slow.
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal E-mail to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mallard" <mallard@...>

I think I had this problem some years ago, where NVDA said adobe reader not responding.
I think I solved the problem in changing the reading option in checking the button read the whole document.
You can find this in edit, accessibility, modify reading order or something similar.
I hope this helps.
Best
Sylvie
Le 03/11/2018 à 20:20, farhan israk a écrit :

Ok. I shared after uploading to google drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10N1BxSNaQsKXqO1I9SU1Peih__nXt7op/view?usp=drivesdk