Topics

Issue with screen after copying plugins into system profile

Mallard

Hello list,

I chose to use saved configuration settings in the Logon Window, and copied the necessary plugins into system profile.
Since I work with my monitor turned off, I didn't realised that this new configuration gives problems with the screen. Every so often, I hear the sound that Windows makes when a device is disconnected; the screen goes black, and after a couple of seconds I hear the sound again, and the screen comes on. That happens constantly, and I c an only think this may be caused by that change in configuration.

How can I go back to previous settings?

Which plugins are copied into the system profile, and where can i find such profile?

Sorry for these silly questions, but I've never done that before.

Thanks for your help.
Ciao,
Ollie

ps: I forgot to mention that I'm running the latest version of Windows, and the latest Next snapshot of NVDA.

Mallard

Sorry people,

It looks as if, after restarting NVDA, the problem stopped. I hope that's the case.

However, I notice that now I no longer have a "Secure desktop" notification, and therefore I'm not aware of the request to authorize an app to be installed, for instance.

Ciao,

Ollie