From: "David Howe via Groups.Io" <dvaunhowe=yahoo.com@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2018 8:46 PM
Subject: [nvda] speaker notes in PowerPoint

Hi. I am new to NVDA.Trying to help an instructor who uses PowerPoint in lectures.
Is there some way to have nvda read PowerPoint speaker notes, but not other slide content?Instructor wants audio cues, but doesn't need the slide to be read.
thanks for any suggestions,David

Ann Byrne

The JAWS notes for PowerPoint under 'popular applications with JAWS' say that shift+control+n reads speaker notes.

At 12:44 PM 11/6/2018, you wrote:
Is this possible in Jaws? If not then I'd suggest its not in nvea either.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Howe via Groups.Io" <dvaunhowe=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Hi. I am new to NVDA.Trying to help an instructor who uses PowerPoint in lectures.
Is there some way to have nvda read PowerPoint speaker notes, but not other slide content?Instructor wants audio cues, but doesn't need the slide to be read.
thanks for any suggestions,David

Quentin Christensen

Hi David,

Yes, when running the slideshow, press CONTROL+SHIFT+S to toggle between reading the slide content and the speaker notes.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen