Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:04 AM
Subject: [nvda] Amazon web site

I have not had the need to use it in a while, but I'm sure before one could
use the header button to get to the main info and zip past all the search
annd departments etc, but now it seems there is no convenient header to go
to, one ends up tabbing or a mixture of l k and h to get to where you want,
occasionally getting stuck in a weird edit field you need to tab out of.
 They have obviously changed someething as my muscle memory  way does not
work any more.

 Anyone?
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

Louis Maher <ljmaher@...>

Folks,

The easiest way to use the Amazon site is to use the Amazon access site

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ref=mw_access

There is a search field about two lines down from the top of the page.  It searches all of the amazon site.  If you hit an item that says it is not available for purchase on the amazon access site, just open the link in another tab and proceed.

I have heard one report that the purchase buttons could not be activated in Internet Explorer 11, but they can be activated in Firefox.

Regards

Louis Maher

Phone: 713-444-7838

On the home page or a product page.  Please send a link if you are using a specific page so we know we are looking at the same page.  What about the find command?  there may be something you can search for immediately before the main information that is displayed on all such pages.  What about s for separator?  Amazon product pages have separators between sections.

Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:04 AM

I have not had the need to use it in a while, but I'm sure before one could
use the header button to get to the main info and zip past all the search
annd departments etc, but now it seems there is no convenient header to go
to, one ends up tabbing or a mixture of l k and h to get to where you want,
occasionally getting stuck in a weird edit field you need to tab out of.
 They have obviously changed someething as my muscle memory  way does not
work any more.

 Anyone?
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I have tried that but every time I do anything I end up back on the main site again.
It almost works, its just that they seem to be a bit hit and miss with headers, landmarks and such.
Not enough quality control obviously.

bglists@... <mailto:bglists@...>
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@... <mailto:briang1@...> , putting 'Brian
Gaff'

I was just pointing out that the way I used it has now had to change. This is the one thing that irks me about sites. They cannot leave them alone, and whereas sighted users see the new layout, trying to guess this when you are a blind user is not that easy. I'll have a go later with s, but most other sites use landmarks and headings which generally seem to be fr easier to use.
[...]

Hello Brian,

I am using JAWS 18, JAWS 17 also works, and Firefox latest release. NVDA
also works using Firefox.

I am on Windows 10 version 1607.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail: ljmaher@...

[...]

Bob J

Do folks in the UK order from the same web site as do folks in the USA?