NVDA and Bitcoin

Giles Turnbull

Hi all,

although I know what Bitcoin is and how it works, I have no clue about actually buying any Bitcoin. Has anybody else tried this and is it generally easy enough to do with NVDA? I understand your Bitcoins live in a code-protected Bitcoin wallet ... are they useable with screen reading software?

I'm writing a storyline for my creative writing course and it involves Bitcoins ... I figure it's probably best to get an idea of the process of buying whatever fraction of a Bitcoin £10 buys, and tracking it's value over the course of a couple of weeks.

Any ideas and suggestions gratefully received :)

Giles

Hope Williamson <isepic@...>

I do know this much about bitcoin. It all depends on where you transfer them  after you buy them. The exchange, the service that converted your currency to BTC, can keep them for you. However, this is not secure because quite a few exchanges have been hacked over the years.

    You can also transfer them to a hardware and/or software wallet. I haven't actually bought bitcoin, so I really don't know the state of software wallets when it comes to being usable with NVDA. It might be something worth experimenting with, with an extremely small amount of Bitcoin.

On 11/7/2018 3:48 PM, Giles Turnbull wrote:
Hi all,

although I know what Bitcoin is and how it works, I have no clue about actually buying any Bitcoin. Has anybody else tried this and is it generally easy enough to do with NVDA? I understand your Bitcoins live in a code-protected Bitcoin wallet ... are they useable with screen reading software?

I'm writing a storyline for my creative writing course and it involves Bitcoins ... I figure it's probably best to get an idea of the process of buying whatever fraction of a Bitcoin £10 buys, and tracking it's value over the course of a couple of weeks.

Any ideas and suggestions gratefully received :)

Giles

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'm not sure you can use it with small sums. It hasbeen looking for some time like its being hijacked by the big boys.
I simply do not see it as being sustainable considering the data crunching power issues that would happen if we all did it!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

You're talking about Bitcoin mining, which is different than just buying BTC. Fractions of bitcoin are called Satoshies, and I can't remember how small of an amount you can get at once. Actually I found an explainer.

    "it is possible to buy less than one bitcoin.
Each bitcoin is divisible to the 8th decimal place, meaning each bitcoin can be split into 100,000,000 pieces. Each unit of bitcoin, or 0.00000001 bitcoin, is called a satoshi."

https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/kb/buy-less-than-one-bitcoin/

Giles Turnbull

thanks, Hope, that's helpful info :)

Hope Williamson <isepic@...>