Trying to add a shortkey to gestures.ini

Anne Günther

Hi,
for my job I need to be able to jump to the end of a continously changing text via braille display. I put the following line at the end of the "gestures.ini" file, but it doesn't do anything.

kb:control+end ="br(handyTech.activeStar):b7"

What am I doing wrong? :-)

Jonathan COHN

I did not see a reply for this on list, so I am attempting to answer, even though I have not tried working with this file.

It appears to me that both the right side and left side of your settings are gestures, and I expect that one side should be a script name.

HTH,

Jonathan

for my job I need to be able to jump to the end of a continously changing text via braille display. I put the following line at the end of the "gestures.ini" file, but it doesn't do anything.

kb:control+end ="br(handyTech.activeStar):b7"

What am I doing wrong? :-)

Anne Günther

Hi,
Hmm, I got the "howto" mail for this from the german nvda list. My colleague also used this method and it works for her. From what I understand it's basically a way of hacking the input method dialogue from the options menu.
But thanks for your answer anyway. :-)
Guenni