google and basic html

Hi.

If you choose to switch to standard view there is only a couple ways to switch back to basic.

1. chrome allows you to switch back, firefox/waterfox will not, and ie does probably because it is old or something who knows.

If all you are using is gmail and settings I wouldn't bother with standard view, its aparently accessible but basic html is more usable to me at any rate.

I don't care about 99.9% of google's features though I just want to make sure I check spam, read mail, etc.

Arlene

Hi, Arlene here. Sorry I use IE and I am allowed to switch to Basic
htm or whatever it is. So, IE and Chrome will allow you to choose.I
find HTMl is more easier then Standard!I too don't care for google's
features. Just as long as I can read and delete mail too. but you
should check your trash folder to clean it. Cause Google can be a pack
rat.

Hi.

If you choose to switch to standard view there is only a couple ways to
switch back to basic.

1. chrome allows you to switch back, firefox/waterfox will not, and ie
does probably because it is old or something who knows.

If all you are using is gmail and settings I wouldn't bother with
standard view, its aparently accessible but basic html is more usable to
me at any rate.

I don't care about 99.9% of google's features though I just want to make
sure I check spam, read mail, etc.

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Arleen,

Is there a way to make replies come to the top of a message in basic HTML? I used to use gmail's site and whenever I replied to a message, it would go to the bottom of the original message instead of the top. That's when I switched to an email client like outlook.

Rosemarie

[...]

Gene

Whether there is such a setting or not, simply be in forms mode in the edit field and use the command control home to move to the top of the edit field before you write.  If you use automatic switching, that may not work, I don't know.  Maybe it moves you to the top of the page and goes into browse mode.  Just one more reason I believe strongly that people should turn off the automatic changing feature and manually go into forms mode or into browse mode.

Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2018 6:23 PM

Hi, Arleen,

Is there a way to make replies come to the top of a message in basic HTML? I used to use gmail's site and whenever I replied to a message, it would go to the bottom of the original message instead of the top. That's when I switched to an email client like outlook.

Rosemarie

Hi, Arlene here. Sorry I use IE and I am allowed to switch to Basic htm or whatever it is.  So, IE and Chrome will allow you to choose.I find HTMl is more easier then Standard!I too don't care for google's features. Just as long as I can read and delete mail too. but you should check your trash folder to clean it. Cause Google can be a pack rat.

> Hi.
>
> If you choose to switch to standard view there is only a couple ways
> to switch back to basic.
>
> 1. chrome allows you to switch back, firefox/waterfox will not, and ie
> does probably because it is old or something who knows.
>
> If all you are using is gmail and settings I wouldn't bother with
> standard view, its aparently accessible but basic html is more usable
> to me at any rate.
>
> I don't care about 99.9% of google's features though I just want to
> make sure I check spam, read mail, etc.

Rosemarie Chavarria

I don't have automatic forms mode set.

Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2018 6:23 PM

Hi, Arleen,

Is there a way to make replies come to the top of a message in basic HTML? I used to use gmail's site and whenever I replied to a message, it would go to the bottom of the original message instead of the top. That's when I switched to an email client like outlook.

Rosemarie

Hi, Arlene here. Sorry I use IE and I am allowed to switch to Basic htm or whatever it is.  So, IE and Chrome will allow you to choose.I find HTMl is more easier then Standard!I too don't care for google's features. Just as long as I can read and delete mail too. but you should check your trash folder to clean it. Cause Google can be a pack rat.

> Hi.
>
> If you choose to switch to standard view there is only a couple ways
> to switch back to basic.
>
> 1. chrome allows you to switch back, firefox/waterfox will not, and ie
> does probably because it is old or something who knows.
>
> If all you are using is gmail and settings I wouldn't bother with
> standard view, its aparently accessible but basic html is more usable
> to me at any rate.
>
> I don't care about 99.9% of google's features though I just want to
> make sure I check spam, read mail, etc.

From the Google support page entitled,

See Gmail in standard or basic HTML version

Switch views

Switch from Basic HTML view to Standard view: Open Gmail using this link. If your browser isn't supported, this view might not work.

Switch from Standard View to Basic HTML view: Visit the Basic HTML version of Gmail.

hi shaun.
i always use firefox and firefox allows me to return to basic html,
(whenever i tested standard html and did not like it).

From the Google support page entitled,

See Gmail in standard or basic HTML version (
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/15049?hl=en )

Switch views
------------

Switch from Basic HTML view to Standard view: Open Gmail using this link (
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?nocheckbrowser ). If your browser isn't

of Gmail ( https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/h/1pq68r75kzvdr/?v%3Dlui ).

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*The terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in
ignorance.  Huge.  We now have a country that can be told blatant lies —
easily checkable, blatant lies — and I’m not talking about the covert
workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack, on September 11, 2001
with 19 men — 15 of them are Saudis — and five minutes later the whole
country thinks they’re from Iraq — how can you have faith in the public?
This is an easily checkable fact. The whole country is like the O.J. Simpson
jurors.*

      ~ Fran Lebowitz in Ruminator Magazine interview with Susannah McNeely
(Aug/Sept 2005)

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Arlene

Hi there: I;m not sure how one does that. When I see my messages on
this list. It's at the top. I'm using basic html using IE for win 7.

On 11/8/18, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well you can check spam with imap in a client. I get so little through gmail normally, Ive not bothered too much.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

If you choose to switch to standard view there is only a couple ways to switch back to basic.

1. chrome allows you to switch back, firefox/waterfox will not, and ie does probably because it is old or something who knows.

If all you are using is gmail and settings I wouldn't bother with standard view, its aparently accessible but basic html is more usable to me at any rate.

I don't care about 99.9% of google's features though I just want to make sure I check spam, read mail, etc.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'm not sure one needs to be this radical, but just be aware of when it switches and alter it if you feel it inappropriate for the site.

[...]

The question is, why is it that Firefox is not doing as Chrome and IE do?
[...]

If you go into forms mode while you are in the edit field, and use control home, you will move to the top of the edit field.

Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2018 8:56 PM

Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2018 6:23 PM