Topics

Accessible CD ripper

Lisa P Geibel

Hi,

Subject says it all. Does anyone know of a good CD ripper that will identify the CD title and tracks on it? We used to use CDEx, but on these new CDs we just got, it isn't identifying anything. Please help? We're using the latest version of NVDA and we're using Windows 10 version 1803.

--
Lisa P. Geibel
email:
lisapgeibel429@gmail.com
Twitter:
LisaLisa429
Facebook:
m.facebook.com/ldporter1
Mine & Marcus's Christian and Messianic all purpose board:
917-259-1911 press option 4 for boards and then, choose board 364
My Talking TV board:
917-259-1911 press option 4 for boards and choose board 164
Marcus's Big Brother Board:
917-259-1922 press option 4 for boards and it's the only 1 there, board 265
May YHWH bless you all

Roger Stewart

I like EZ Audio Converter.  Recent versions have become accessible.  Earlier ones weren't in that you couldn't select or unselect tracks using the keyboard but now you can.  It automatically checks a CD and if it exists in the on line database, all the title, artist and track info is imported so if you rip files from it, they will be properly labeled.

Roger

On 11/11/2018 9:07 AM, Lisa P Geibel wrote:
Hi,

Subject says it all. Does anyone know of a good CD ripper that will identify the CD title and tracks on it? We used to use CDEx, but on these new CDs we just got, it isn't identifying anything. Please help? We're using the latest version of NVDA and we're using Windows 10 version 1803.

Joseph Weakland

is this program free?

On 11/11/2018 9:39 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
I like EZ Audio Converter.  Recent versions have become accessible. Earlier ones weren't in that you couldn't select or unselect tracks using the keyboard but now you can.  It automatically checks a CD and if it exists in the on line database, all the title, artist and track info is imported so if you rip files from it, they will be properly labeled.

Roger

Hi,

--
Joseph Weakland
email
josephweakland@att.net
sent from my windows 10 pc

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

Did you double check your CD DB settings? it's not likely, but it possible that something got turned off. You could also try changing the server, and see if that makes a difference.

In any event, another accessible CD ripper is exact audio copy. I don't know what cddb lookup it uses, maybe it will help you, and maybe not. Anyhow, it's worth a try.

another thing to remember is that the cddb information is largely entered by users. It's possible that no one has entered the information for the CD you are trying to rip. In that case, it would help other users if you had the time and you could fill in the information manually and submit it.

On November 11, 2018 10:08:11 AM "Lisa P Geibel" <lisapgeibel429@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Subject says it all. Does anyone know of a good CD ripper that will
identify the CD title and tracks on it? We used to use CDEx, but on
these new CDs we just got, it isn't identifying anything. Please help?
We're using the latest version of NVDA and we're using Windows 10
version 1803.

--
Lisa P. Geibel
email:
lisapgeibel429@gmail.com
Twitter:
LisaLisa429
Facebook:
m.facebook.com/ldporter1
My Talking TV board:
May YHWH bless you all

Roger Stewart

It isn't free but you can use it for about a month as a trial version. A lifetime license is only $20 or that's what I paid several years ago.

Roger

On 11/11/2018 9:46 AM, Joseph Weakland wrote:
is this program free?

I like EZ Audio Converter.  Recent versions have become accessible. Earlier ones weren't in that you couldn't select or unselect tracks using the keyboard but now you can.  It automatically checks a CD and if it exists in the on line database, all the title, artist and track info is imported so if you rip files from it, they will be properly labeled.

Roger

Hi,

If Windows Media Player is accessible it is included with Windows 10, though Microsoft doesn't advertise the fact.  That's been my CD Ripping program of choice for a very long time now.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Kevin <kleeva5@...>

ITunes is free, and you can set it so whenever you insert  a cd it will automatically rip or what apple calls import.  You can also set it to retrieve song info from the internet.

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 9:47 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessible CD ripper

If Windows Media Player is accessible it is included with Windows 10, though Microsoft doesn't advertise the fact.  That's been my CD Ripping program of choice for a very long time now.

--

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

I use goldwave, in fact I use it for the batch converter and cd ripper mainly.

Its still with the 40 bucks I payed for it though.

No spyware and I can use it.

One thing to note, the latest versions are 64 bit only.

You can use an older version with your 32 bit system but if you are unlikely to update any time soon, or you have a reason to stay 32 bit then I would probably use something more updated.

If like me your system has a chance of a 64 bit os in its image, like my win7 laptop, my recomendation to you is to reformat immediately and use it, you payed for it with the unit so why not.

On 11/12/2018 4:39 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:

Roger

Hi,

Gene

I don't know what the case is now but in the old days, when I very briefly used CDEX, you could choose between two data-bases.  I believe you had to sign up to the one you wanted to use but its been a long time.  It may be useful if others comment on if you still have more than one data-base to choose from.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 12:32 PM

ITunes is free, and you can set it so whenever you insert  a cd it will automatically rip or what apple calls import.  You can also set it to retrieve song info from the internet.

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

--

Casey <cwollner@...>

Hi can you please provide the web site where to get the cd ripping program from?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Roger Stewart
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 11:35 AM

It isn't free but you can use it for about a month as a trial version. A
lifetime license is only $20 or that's what I paid several years ago.

Roger

is this program free?

I like EZ Audio Converter. Recent versions have become accessible.
Earlier ones weren't in that you couldn't select or unselect tracks
using the keyboard but now you can. It automatically checks a CD and
if it exists in the on line database, all the title, artist and track
info is imported so if you rip files from it, they will be properly
labeled.

Roger

Hi,

these new CDs we just got, it isn't identifying anything. Please
help? We're using the latest version of NVDA and we're using Windows
10 version 1803.

Chris Mullins

Hi

I too use WMP under Windows 10.

Cheers

Chris

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 11 November 2018 17:47

--

Roger Stewart

Just got an update to it and it took me to the download page. Link is below.  Once you have it, the program will notify you of new versions and will automatically take you to the download site to get the latest one.

https://www.poikosoft.com/downloadupd64?ver=805

This is for the 64 bit version though but you'll be on the download site so you should be able to find the 32 bit version if you need it.

Roger

On 11/11/2018 2:22 PM, Casey wrote:
Hi can you please provide the web site where to get the cd ripping program from?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Roger Stewart
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 11:35 AM

It isn't free but you can use it for about a month as a trial version. A
lifetime license is only $20 or that's what I paid several years ago.

Roger

is this program free?

I like EZ Audio Converter. Recent versions have become accessible.
Earlier ones weren't in that you couldn't select or unselect tracks
using the keyboard but now you can. It automatically checks a CD and
if it exists in the on line database, all the title, artist and track
info is imported so if you rip files from it, they will be properly
labeled.

Roger

Hi,

these new CDs we just got, it isn't identifying anything. Please
help? We're using the latest version of NVDA and we're using Windows
10 version 1803.

Rosemarie Chavarria

That's what I use for ripping CD's too.

--

I had completely forgotten that I put together a set of step-by-step instructions for Ripping a CD Using Windows Media Player
a while back and it's bee available on my Google Drive since then.
--

"Marvin Atkins"

I recently just completed a CD ripping project and ripped over 600 CDs with WMP with no problems at all. WMP data base failed less than 10 times to find the data for those particular CDs. 

Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:31 PM

That's what I use for ripping CD's too.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Lisa P Geibel

Hi Gene and everyone else helping,

First, yes, you can still choose between data bases and there are 3 now. For the person that said something about CDEx not working in Win10, that is not totally true as I had to rip one of the tracks using it as CD Audio Converter only ripped one of the 2 tracks on that CD, so yes, it does still work, but I ended up using Easy CD Audio Convertor to do most of the CDs that needed ripping. Thanks to you all.

Lisa P. Geibel
email:
lisapgeibel429@gmail.com
Twitter:
LisaLisa429
Facebook:
m.facebook.com/ldporter1
My Talking TV board:
May YHWH bless you all

On 11/11/2018 1:58 PM, Gene wrote:
I don't know what the case is now but in the old days, when I very briefly used CDEX, you could choose between two data-bases.  I believe you had to sign up to the one you wanted to use but its been a long time.  It may be useful if others comment on if you still have more than one data-base to choose from.
Gene
*Sent:* Sunday, November 11, 2018 12:32 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Accessible CD ripper

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

*Sent: *Sunday, November 11, 2018 9:47 AM
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *Re: [nvda] Accessible CD ripper

--

Brian *-*Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

/*A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.*/

~ Saul Bellow, /To Jerusalem and Back/

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well CDEX still works here, if they are not in CDDB you can often read the CD text and submit that to the database to help others.
Some CDs however simply have no data on them. These tend to be the ones that are made by small outfits sold on the internet.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: "NVDA" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 3:07 PM
Subject: [nvda] Accessible CD ripper

Hi,

--
Lisa P. Geibel
email:
lisapgeibel429@gmail.com
Twitter:
LisaLisa429
Facebook:
m.facebook.com/ldporter1
My Talking TV board:
May YHWH bless you all

That is what cdex does, but it all depends on whether its been ripped by somebody else or has it in the CD text.
If neither of these work on a given CD its all down to the manual work being put in by the person who is ripping them

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 3:39 PM

I like EZ Audio Converter. Recent versions have become accessible. Earlier ones weren't in that you couldn't select or unselect tracks using the keyboard but now you can. It automatically checks a CD and if it exists in the on line database, all the title, artist and track info is imported so if you rip files from it, they will be properly labeled.

Roger

Hi,

It seems a lot for what CDEX does for nothing. I think you can with care use even Goldwave or winamp as well, but they are a little more fiddly.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 5:35 PM

It isn't free but you can use it for about a month as a trial version. A lifetime license is only $20 or that's what I paid several years ago.

Roger

is this program free?

I like EZ Audio Converter. Recent versions have become accessible. Earlier ones weren't in that you couldn't select or unselect tracks using the keyboard but now you can. It automatically checks a CD and if it exists in the on line database, all the title, artist and track info is imported so if you rip files from it, they will be properly labeled.

Roger

Hi,

Itunes? and you are still sane? Must have a good shrink!
Sorry being silly. I must learn to be sensible!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:32 PM

ITunes is free, and you can set it so whenever you insert a cd it will automatically rip or what apple calls import. You can also set it to retrieve song info from the internet.

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

If Windows Media Player is accessible it is included with Windows 10, though Microsoft doesn't advertise the fact. That's been my CD Ripping program of choice for a very long time now.

--
Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763
~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back