Topics

Accessible CD ripper

Lisa P Geibel

Hi,

Subject says it all. Does anyone know of a good CD ripper that will identify the CD title and tracks on it? We used to use CDEx, but on these new CDs we just got, it isn't identifying anything. Please help? We're using the latest version of NVDA and we're using Windows 10 version 1803.

--
Lisa P. Geibel
email:
lisapgeibel429@gmail.com
Twitter:
LisaLisa429
Facebook:
m.facebook.com/ldporter1
Mine & Marcus's Christian and Messianic all purpose board:
917-259-1911 press option 4 for boards and then, choose board 364
My Talking TV board:
917-259-1911 press option 4 for boards and choose board 164
Marcus's Big Brother Board:
917-259-1922 press option 4 for boards and it's the only 1 there, board 265
May YHWH bless you all

Roger Stewart

I like EZ Audio Converter.  Recent versions have become accessible.  Earlier ones weren't in that you couldn't select or unselect tracks using the keyboard but now you can.  It automatically checks a CD and if it exists in the on line database, all the title, artist and track info is imported so if you rip files from it, they will be properly labeled.

Roger

On 11/11/2018 9:07 AM, Lisa P Geibel wrote:
Hi,

Subject says it all. Does anyone know of a good CD ripper that will identify the CD title and tracks on it? We used to use CDEx, but on these new CDs we just got, it isn't identifying anything. Please help? We're using the latest version of NVDA and we're using Windows 10 version 1803.

Joseph Weakland

is this program free?

On 11/11/2018 9:39 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
I like EZ Audio Converter.  Recent versions have become accessible. Earlier ones weren't in that you couldn't select or unselect tracks using the keyboard but now you can.  It automatically checks a CD and if it exists in the on line database, all the title, artist and track info is imported so if you rip files from it, they will be properly labeled.

Roger

On 11/11/2018 9:07 AM, Lisa P Geibel wrote:
Hi,

Subject says it all. Does anyone know of a good CD ripper that will identify the CD title and tracks on it? We used to use CDEx, but on these new CDs we just got, it isn't identifying anything. Please help? We're using the latest version of NVDA and we're using Windows 10 version 1803.

--
Joseph Weakland
email

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

Did you double check your CD DB settings? it's not likely, but it possible that something got turned off. You could also try changing the server, and see if that makes a difference.

In any event, another accessible CD ripper is exact audio copy. I don't know what cddb lookup it uses, maybe it will help you, and maybe not. Anyhow, it's worth a try.

another thing to remember is that the cddb information is largely entered by users. It's possible that no one has entered the information for the CD you are trying to rip. In that case, it would help other users if you had the time and you could fill in the information manually and submit it.

On November 11, 2018 10:08:11 AM "Lisa P Geibel" <lisapgeibel429@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Subject says it all. Does anyone know of a good CD ripper that will
identify the CD title and tracks on it? We used to use CDEx, but on
these new CDs we just got, it isn't identifying anything. Please help?
We're using the latest version of NVDA and we're using Windows 10
version 1803.

--
Lisa P. Geibel
email:
lisapgeibel429@gmail.com
Twitter:
LisaLisa429
Facebook:
m.facebook.com/ldporter1
Mine & Marcus's Christian and Messianic all purpose board:
917-259-1911 press option 4 for boards and then, choose board 364
My Talking TV board:
917-259-1911 press option 4 for boards and choose board 164
Marcus's Big Brother Board:
917-259-1922 press option 4 for boards and it's the only 1 there, board 265
May YHWH bless you all

Roger Stewart

It isn't free but you can use it for about a month as a trial version. A lifetime license is only $20 or that's what I paid several years ago.

Roger

On 11/11/2018 9:46 AM, Joseph Weakland wrote:
is this program free?

On 11/11/2018 9:39 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
I like EZ Audio Converter.  Recent versions have become accessible. Earlier ones weren't in that you couldn't select or unselect tracks using the keyboard but now you can.  It automatically checks a CD and if it exists in the on line database, all the title, artist and track info is imported so if you rip files from it, they will be properly labeled.

Roger

On 11/11/2018 9:07 AM, Lisa P Geibel wrote:
Hi,

Subject says it all. Does anyone know of a good CD ripper that will identify the CD title and tracks on it? We used to use CDEx, but on these new CDs we just got, it isn't identifying anything. Please help? We're using the latest version of NVDA and we're using Windows 10 version 1803.

If Windows Media Player is accessible it is included with Windows 10, though Microsoft doesn't advertise the fact.  That's been my CD Ripping program of choice for a very long time now.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Kevin <kleeva5@...>

ITunes is free, and you can set it so whenever you insert  a cd it will automatically rip or what apple calls import.  You can also set it to retrieve song info from the internet.

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee