Topics

Windows 10 App Essentials and SPL Studio add-on 18.11.2 #addonrelease

Hi everyone,

SPL Studio and Windows 10 App Essentials 18.11.2 will hit the air in about half an hour from now. As always, you can obtain latest releases of these add-ons in not one, not two, but three ways: community add-ons website, Add-on Updater, or via standalone update check feature provided by these add-ons (I think, for many of you now, option two would be the best choice).

Changelog:

StationPlaylist Studio: localization updates.

Windows 10 App Essentials:

  • If you’re using a Windows 10 release which is going through a “remedial class”, you’ll notice slight improvements in how NVDA announces clipboard status, especially when clipboard history is empty. This is not to be confused with a version of Windows 10 that is “behind the curtain” – they are two completely different things, but what I’m saying about the former will apply to the latter (to be explained shortly).
  • In Settings (Windows+I), NVDA will no longer appear to do nothing or play error tones while using object navigation commands in some circumstances.
  • Localization updates.

Regarding Windows 10 releases I mentioned:

  • Remedial class: Version 1809
  • Behind the curtain: Insider Preview

Few more announcements regarding these add-ons:

For StationPlaylist Studio users:

  • Python 3 compatibility: almost. Both stable and 18.09.x LTS are almost Python 3 ready (there are two or three things that needs to change, but apart from that, it is ready for Python 3).
  • Studio 5.11 compatibility: sometime in 2019, I plan to release a stable version of this add-on that’ll absolutely require Studio 5.20 and later due to some internal changes. In particular, certain SPL Assistant layer commands will benefit from changes made to studio routines in 5.20 and later, hence improving responsiveness of affected commands. Once I settle on the cut off release (likely in the second half of 2019), I’ll give you sixty days’ notice before asking Studio 5.11 users to switch to LTS channel.

Windows 10 App Essentials:

  • Extended support for Version 1709 (Fall Creators Update): Windows 10 Version 1709 will be supported by this add-on until February 28, 2019.

Cheers,

Joseph