NVDA with Spybot and Mozilla Continued

David Russell

Hello Group,

Brian, thanks for the input and things to think about per Spybot,
Mozilla, WaterFox and the like. I don't mind passwords being destroyed
by Spybot as I have them noted on a hard copy pad that only I can
read.

I just don't know how reliable Microsoft Security Essentials is or
was. Avast is to 'damn' difficult to install and as said, my history
with AVG wasn't user-friendly at update time.

The problem with the new FireFox versions is it throws off the way I
am used to navigating email and social media. I rely on both! Google
is searchable but just odd to navigate with new versions of FF.

I will look at WaterFox and decide. Meantime, if you or anyone has an
easy-to-install anti-virus program recommend, let me/us know. I prefer
free of charge.. Thanks.

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@gmail.com

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

If you have ever had Avast, your computer is a mess anyway. I used avastclear to get rid of it and then had to manually delete some stuff and its left me unable to read dropbox dialogues or log in prompts in windows 7.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

Yeah I have had programs do that to me, a fully mangled mess is left.

Its why I am so carefull, if it happens I reformat and the mess is gone.

But I am aware that some stuff is like that so now I actively avoid it when possible.

And if I can't I reformat and add the sucking crappy software to my list, its gotten to the point that I simply don't do some stuff anymore because the stuff got so crap that I got tired of reformatting every day or 2 because it screwed up.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Russell" <david.sonofhashem@gmail.com>
[...]

Gene

And that's a very good reason to try using Programs And Features to see if it removes Avast well enough so that any remaining traces don't matter.  The tool may do damage that using Programs And Features doesn't do.  The Avast site says to use Programs And Features first.  That may not bbe for a reason like this, but try programs and features first.  People are, in my opinion, too quick to jump to the most thorough and possibly more damaging procedure in cases like this when the manufacturer specifically recommends a different procedure.

Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 5:10 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA with Spybot and Mozilla Continued

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'