Next won't install on xp

Brian's Mail list account

What more is there to say. I tried an update and it just rang the error bell till I shut it up and loaded the master portable forcibly.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

hi.
what do you mean?
do you mean that nvda 2016.3 is the final and last version which supports xp?
am i right?

What more is there to say. I tried an update and it just rang the error bell

till I shut it up and loaded the master portable forcibly.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account

No I hope not, I was merely alerting those who use the next snap that the last few next snaps have an issue where the system gives off loads of errors when nvda is run or installed indeed any way you run the snaps does not work and causes errors. It looks to me from the log output as if the test for xp is not being seen and the system is thus attempting to use UIA on XP which of course does not have it. Its probably a regression caused by the fixes for Edge in windows 10 which also caused that issue in windows 7 search as well.
Its odd as it keeps saying mshtml when its actually oonly seeing the desktop, so my guess is that its trying to find out what it is from uia, but its not there so cannot. This affects mouse position and any other navigation that is required.
Confused?

So wasI
I have added it to the ticket about regression on windows 7, but may need to create a new ticket, but its such an obvious bug somebody else will probably create the ticket before I get time to do it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

do you mean that nvda 2016.3 is the final and last version which supports xp?
am i right?

What more is there to say. I tried an update and it just rang the error bell

till I shut it up and loaded the master portable forcibly.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
al-islam.org

Marco Oros

Maybe those snapshoots countains viruses.

Arlene

Oh, you mean the snap shots contains viruses?