rh-voice


Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>
 

Hi,

I found a new voice for NVDA. It’s called rh-voice. Also discovered the sapi5 version has the best sound. It’s fast and responsive like Espeak. The bdl voice is my favorite of all of them. Best part is this, somehow, you can make your own voices for it and even make new languages, although making new voices for an existing language is easiest. So if I can get the required sentences that have to be recorded, I could have the keynote gold demo voice read all those sentences into wave files and perhaps the author could build a voice based on recordings of the keynote gold tts. I’m not sure if he uses Linux to make the voices. And if he does, if the voice building process is even accessible with the orca Linux screen reader. It won’t be a 100% perfect keynote gold voice, but it’ll be very very close to the original sounding keynote gold tts. And it’ll be a sapi5 keynote gold voice and it could even work on android since rh-voice is also a free android tts, works great with talkback. The website is:

 

https://github.com/Olga-Yakovleva/RHVoice/wiki

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Michael Munn
 

Hi is that voice package free of charge? I love the keno gold voice. 
That was the voice pre set on my Braille Note Apex before I got it. 
Thanks I really apreciate it. 
Best Regards 
Michael Munnn 


 

From the Github page previously referenced:  RHVoice is a free and open source speech synthesizer.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

 

 


Michael Munn
 

I just downloaded the RH voice and it told me that it could  not load the Sinthesizer. II'm running the Latest portable copy of the NVDA Screen reader. 
Please help if you can. 
Thanks 
Michael Munn 


John Isige
 

It's possible the addon isn't compatible with the latest NVDA. Download
the SAPI 5 version, a language pack, and at least one voice for the
language. Install them, in that order, and tell NVDA to use SAPI 5 and
pick it as a voice. It works fine that way.

On 11/16/2018 16:44, Michael Munn wrote:
I just downloaded the RH voice and it told me that it could  not load
the Sinthesizer. II'm running the Latest portable copy of the NVDA
Screen reader.
Please help if you can.
Thanks
Michael Munn


 

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 05:51 PM, John Isige wrote:
It's possible the addon isn't compatible with the latest NVDA.
Given the age of the project and its major updates this is almost certain to be true.  Lots of stuff being worked on currently, but it's doubtful the add-on is one of them.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

 

 


John Isige
 

I assumed so. That's why I just grabbed the SAPI 5 version. But I didn't
want to state definitively, since I didn't do any testing.

On 11/16/2018 17:31, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 05:51 PM, John Isige wrote:

It's possible the addon isn't compatible with the latest NVDA.

Given the age of the project and its major updates this is almost
certain to be true.  Lots of stuff being worked on currently, but it's
doubtful the add-on is one of them.

--

Brian *-*Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*/A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the
need for illusion is deep./*

          ~ Saul Bellow, /To Jerusalem and Back/


Don H
 

How do these voices compare to Microsoft one core?

On 11/16/2018 5:31 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 05:51 PM, John Isige wrote:
It's possible the addon isn't compatible with the latest NVDA.
Given the age of the project and its major updates this is almost certain to be true.  Lots of stuff being worked on currently, but it's doubtful the add-on is one of them.
--
Brian *-*Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763
*/A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep./*
          ~ Saul Bellow, /To Jerusalem and Back/


John Isige
 

There not bad. They're a little more monotone, that is, they're not
robotic but I don't think they do as many tone changes for punctuation,
they do tone changes mostly at the ends of sentences, rather than in the
middle. I don't think they can do pitch changes for capitalization. The
rate can only go so high, probably comparable to the fastest default
one-core rate that you can get from NVDA if you haven't changed the
one-core voice speed to make it go faster. I don't know that I'd use it
as my primary synthesizer, but that having been said, they're pretty
usable. If the addons could be updated they'd make a pretty good
portable voice for older systems I think. They're worth trying anyway,
you can always uninstall it if you don't like it.

On 11/16/2018 17:47, Don H wrote:
How do these voices compare to Microsoft one core?

On 11/16/2018 5:31 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 05:51 PM, John Isige wrote:

    It's possible the addon isn't compatible with the latest NVDA.

Given the age of the project and its major updates this is almost
certain to be true.  Lots of stuff being worked on currently, but
it's doubtful the add-on is one of them.

--

Brian *-*Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*/A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the
need for illusion is deep./*

           ~ Saul Bellow, /To Jerusalem and Back/



Robert Mendoza
 

hi,


I installed the nvda addons RH voice but it does not load

an error occurs when opening.

Robert Mendoza

On 11/17/2018 4:29 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

Hi,

I found a new voice for NVDA. It’s called rh-voice. Also discovered the sapi5 version has the best sound. It’s fast and responsive like Espeak. The bdl voice is my favorite of all of them. Best part is this, somehow, you can make your own voices for it and even make new languages, although making new voices for an existing language is easiest. So if I can get the required sentences that have to be recorded, I could have the keynote gold demo voice read all those sentences into wave files and perhaps the author could build a voice based on recordings of the keynote gold tts. I’m not sure if he uses Linux to make the voices. And if he does, if the voice building process is even accessible with the orca Linux screen reader. It won’t be a 100% perfect keynote gold voice, but it’ll be very very close to the original sounding keynote gold tts. And it’ll be a sapi5 keynote gold voice and it could even work on android since rh-voice is also a free android tts, works great with talkback. The website is:

 

https://github.com/Olga-Yakovleva/RHVoice/wiki

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Jacob Kruger
 

Downloaded all the different modules, etc., and, while am just for now trying out the NVDA add-ons implementation, it is quite impressive in terms of responsiveness, etc., in terms of being natural sounding.


Stay well


Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"...resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2018-11-16 10:29 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

Hi,

I found a new voice for NVDA. It’s called rh-voice. Also discovered the sapi5 version has the best sound. It’s fast and responsive like Espeak. The bdl voice is my favorite of all of them. Best part is this, somehow, you can make your own voices for it and even make new languages, although making new voices for an existing language is easiest. So if I can get the required sentences that have to be recorded, I could have the keynote gold demo voice read all those sentences into wave files and perhaps the author could build a voice based on recordings of the keynote gold tts. I’m not sure if he uses Linux to make the voices. And if he does, if the voice building process is even accessible with the orca Linux screen reader. It won’t be a 100% perfect keynote gold voice, but it’ll be very very close to the original sounding keynote gold tts. And it’ll be a sapi5 keynote gold voice and it could even work on android since rh-voice is also a free android tts, works great with talkback. The website is:

 

https://github.com/Olga-Yakovleva/RHVoice/wiki

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Jacob Kruger
 

Ok, one small, amusing issue is it speaks out the letter O as owww!


That seems to be only when it's speaking out the letter on it's own, while typing, etc., and, only specifically for two of the english voice variants, but anyway.


LOL!


Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"...resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2018-11-17 9:28 AM, Jacob Kruger wrote:

Downloaded all the different modules, etc., and, while am just for now trying out the NVDA add-ons implementation, it is quite impressive in terms of responsiveness, etc., in terms of being natural sounding.


Stay well


Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"...resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."
On 2018-11-16 10:29 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

Hi,

I found a new voice for NVDA. It’s called rh-voice. Also discovered the sapi5 version has the best sound. It’s fast and responsive like Espeak. The bdl voice is my favorite of all of them. Best part is this, somehow, you can make your own voices for it and even make new languages, although making new voices for an existing language is easiest. So if I can get the required sentences that have to be recorded, I could have the keynote gold demo voice read all those sentences into wave files and perhaps the author could build a voice based on recordings of the keynote gold tts. I’m not sure if he uses Linux to make the voices. And if he does, if the voice building process is even accessible with the orca Linux screen reader. It won’t be a 100% perfect keynote gold voice, but it’ll be very very close to the original sounding keynote gold tts. And it’ll be a sapi5 keynote gold voice and it could even work on android since rh-voice is also a free android tts, works great with talkback. The website is:

 

https://github.com/Olga-Yakovleva/RHVoice/wiki

 

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I'm sure if somebody offered to work on the add on, they would be delighted.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 11:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] rh-voice


On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 05:51 PM, John Isige wrote:


It's possible the addon isn't compatible with the latest NVDA.
Given the age of the project and its major updates this is almost certain to be true. Lots of stuff being worked on currently, but it's doubtful the add-on is one of them.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.*

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back


Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I have to also say that I have recently made my Quincy Espeak voice work on sappi 5 and use it in Jaws, its not quite so expressive though, probably due to the way sappi 5 handles voice intonation, and you are probably seeing the same in the voice in this thread.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Isige" <gwynn@tds.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 11:54 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] rh-voice


There not bad. They're a little more monotone, that is, they're not
robotic but I don't think they do as many tone changes for punctuation,
they do tone changes mostly at the ends of sentences, rather than in the
middle. I don't think they can do pitch changes for capitalization. The
rate can only go so high, probably comparable to the fastest default
one-core rate that you can get from NVDA if you haven't changed the
one-core voice speed to make it go faster. I don't know that I'd use it
as my primary synthesizer, but that having been said, they're pretty
usable. If the addons could be updated they'd make a pretty good
portable voice for older systems I think. They're worth trying anyway,
you can always uninstall it if you don't like it.


On 11/16/2018 17:47, Don H wrote:
How do these voices compare to Microsoft one core?

On 11/16/2018 5:31 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 05:51 PM, John Isige wrote:

It's possible the addon isn't compatible with the latest NVDA.

Given the age of the project and its major updates this is almost
certain to be true. Lots of stuff being worked on currently, but
it's doubtful the add-on is one of them.

--

Brian *-*Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*/A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the
need for illusion is deep./*

~ Saul Bellow, /To Jerusalem and Back/




Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Yes you need the Sappi 5 version.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2018 3:19 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] rh-voice


hi,


I installed the nvda addons RH voice but it does not load

an error occurs when opening.

Robert Mendoza

On 11/17/2018 4:29 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

Hi,

I found a new voice for NVDA. It’s called rh-voice. Also discovered
the sapi5 version has the best sound. It’s fast and responsive like
Espeak. The bdl voice is my favorite of all of them. Best part is
this, somehow, you can make your own voices for it and even make new
languages, although making new voices for an existing language is
easiest. So if I can get the required sentences that have to be
recorded, I could have the keynote gold demo voice read all those
sentences into wave files and perhaps the author could build a voice
based on recordings of the keynote gold tts. I’m not sure if he uses
Linux to make the voices. And if he does, if the voice building
process is even accessible with the orca Linux screen reader. It won’t
be a 100% perfect keynote gold voice, but it’ll be very very close to
the original sounding keynote gold tts. And it’ll be a sapi5 keynote
gold voice and it could even work on android since rh-voice is also a
free android tts, works great with talkback. The website is:

https://github.com/Olga-Yakovleva/RHVoice/wiki

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
Windows 10



Casey <cwollner@...>
 

Hi is there A way that someone can provide us A recording of this new voice package/

So those of us who maybe on the fence of using it or not.

Can if an idea what is sounds like and just how responsive it is.

On 11/17/2018 4:11 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes you need the Sappi 5 version.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2018 3:19 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] rh-voice


hi,


I installed the nvda addons RH voice but it does not load

an error occurs when opening.

Robert Mendoza

On 11/17/2018 4:29 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

Hi,

I found a new voice for NVDA. It’s called rh-voice. Also discovered
the sapi5 version has the best sound. It’s fast and responsive like
Espeak. The bdl voice is my favorite of all of them. Best part is
this, somehow, you can make your own voices for it and even make new
languages, although making new voices for an existing language is
easiest. So if I can get the required sentences that have to be
recorded, I could have the keynote gold demo voice read all those
sentences into wave files and perhaps the author could build a voice
based on recordings of the keynote gold tts. I’m not sure if he uses
Linux to make the voices. And if he does, if the voice building
process is even accessible with the orca Linux screen reader. It won’t
be a 100% perfect keynote gold voice, but it’ll be very very close to
the original sounding keynote gold tts. And it’ll be a sapi5 keynote
gold voice and it could even work on android since rh-voice is also a
free android tts, works great with talkback. The website is:

https://github.com/Olga-Yakovleva/RHVoice/wiki

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
Windows 10





--

Casey


Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>
 

yes, rh-voice is free of charge. it is on github and it is also open source. and if possible i would love to be able to make my own voices for it, if the voice-building and recording process is easy enough and doesn't require lots of programming knowledge. 

Josh


Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>
 

the sapi5 rh-voice has the best sound quality. you have to install the sapi5 rh-voice, then install the language pack, and then install the voice you want. then restart NVDA and it should work fine. 


Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>
 

yes the addon is compatible. you have to download the addon, install it, download a voice or two that you want, install it, restart NVDA and it will work. but honestly the sapi5 rh-voice has the best sound, and the android one works good also. 


Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>
 

rh-voice is still being worked on. it was last updated in july 2018.