a very critical problem in using nvda 2016.3 with firefox. i need its developers help.

hello every one.
i tested nvda 2016.3 and i faced a very important regression.
i completely removed nvda previous versions, deleted its profile and
installed nvda 2016.3.
i set my prefered settings and started to work with it.
when i wanted to use firefox, i observed that nvda is not accessible
with firefox with the fresh install!
the arrow keys does not work, singl letter for navigation does not
work and also even nvda does not read the content of a webpage!
i tested this problem in all websites which i visit, and the result is the same!
i tested with firefox 22, 39 and 41.
whats the reason for this regression?
i am not shure about nvda 2016.2 and 16.2.1, but i am shure about this
version, because i tested this two times!
and when i want to open my gmail and type the address, nvda says:

g gm gma gmai gmail gmail. gmail.c gmail.co gmail.com
and even i cant navigate with the address which i typed.
i can only let nvda spells it to make shure i enter the address correctly.

as i mentioned, for example: if i upgreat my nvda from version 2015.4
to 2016.3 everythings is great.
and this problem happens only for fresh install.
that mean one person wants to install nvda for the first time,
download version 2016.3 and installs it!
i can only press tab and navigate by links.
but when i press enter on it to read, i cant read the content of the
web!i realy need your help. thanks so much and God bless you all.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
al-islam.org

enes sarıbaş

hi,

Can confirm this. For some reason, nvda merges all elements in a webpage and reads them like a document. Clicking links is impossible in the merged parts of the page. This does not always happen however.

On 10/1/2016 7:22 AM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
[...]

hi.
thanks so much for your quick answer!
may i ask since which version this problem occured exactly?
i am shure that i did not have this problem in nvda 2016.1 and before.
how is it in 2016.2?
for me this problem happens always and in all websites!
nvda completely unusable for me in this version, because i am
comfortable with firefox and i only use it!
i forgot to mentioned, that i dont have this problem in internet explorer.
i have internet explorer 8 on windows xp, but i am not comfortable
with and dont use explorer!
nvda has the most compatibility with firefox and i used it very great!
how can i beleive this real critical issue?
could you fix it with the pach update like nvda 2016.3.1 and also
could you please test it with 2016.2.1 or 16.2?
thanks again for your help.

On 10/1/16, enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Mário Navarro

hi.
I'm using the version of Firefox 47.1 and I'm not having any kind of issues.

and use NVDA 2016.3
cheers.

Às 05:22 de 01/10/2016, nasrin khaksar escreveu:

[...]

why you do not try upgrade to the latest version?
I'm using and I do not have these issues.

[...]

because you install this version with previous profiles.
you did not install it with the fresh profile as i mentioned.
for this reason, you dont have any problem!
i returned to the previous versions of nvda!

On 10/1/16, Mário Navarro <mario.gnv@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

We have been here before. Its not nvda I'm pretty sure as I've used it with no issues with Firefox on most versions of Windows. The thing to try is this, does Internet Explorer work?
If as I suspect it does not then the issue has to be your computer, its software or a corruption of the registry.
Did you have an office product on your machine and have removed it recently, or has any programs uninstaller apparently failed?
I don't know the fix myself but I'm pretty sure that virtual buffers are not being created by nvda and thus this points to something broken in windows api somewhere that nvda listens to.
I'm sure others may well know the full story, but maybe you can restore you computer to an earlier time?
I would say that your should find older versions of nvda do not work either now, if they do then the problem is obviously more complex, and we need to know what is different on your machine to most other peoples machines.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

Well it worked ok on ff41 when I tried it yesterday so this looks like something very rare and could be due to some other software, such as a firefox toolbar or add in perhaps?
[...]

On the windows 10 machine it was a fresh install and there was no issue.
Very strange. Unless we can identify the actual parameters to cause this effect its hard to be able to diagnose it for us and indeed for the developers.
Do the affected folk have any extensions or add ons on their Firefox?
I use navigational sounds. the nuw add blocker, not the one that allows ads,
There are also the normal add ons thatprocess flash and other forms of embedded content, but seriously think it will not be any of those.
My main guess is if you have some kind of web site checking add on like the avg one or one of those ones that looks for bargains etc. Some of those seem to act up a lot.
[...]

hi brian.
thanks so much for your guide.
but i dont have any addon in my firefox except webvisum!
i installed nvda 2016.1 with no issue with fresh install.
i tried two times 16.3 and the result is only not supporting of firefox!
i did not have install with fale.
if this issue is related to uninstalling one software without success,
i should face this problem in all versions of nvda.
but only it occured for me with 2016.3!
and also even i dont have any addons install with nvda and also even i
did not install adobe flash player!

nvda works well with internet explorer version 8 which is the last
version that supports xp.
and i am not sure about the latest versions of explorer!

the only problem is with firefox, always, for all websites and even
with the web pages which i stored for reading offline!

i did not use 2016.2 because of reading of punctuations with farsi language.
so please test this problem with this version too.

i only tested 15.4 and 16.1 without any problem!

On 10/1/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
[...]

Chris

First off uninstall webvissum as that modifies web page layout so if that doesn’t work either upgrade firefox or down grade nvda

but i dont have any addon in my firefox except webvisum!

i installed nvda 2016.1 with no issue with fresh install.

i tried two times 16.3 and the result is only not supporting of firefox!

i did not have install with fale.

if this issue is related to uninstalling one software without success,

i should face this problem in all versions of nvda.

but only it occured for me with 2016.3!

and also even i dont have any addons install with nvda and also even i

did not install adobe flash player!

nvda works well with internet explorer version 8 which is the last

version that supports xp.

and i am not sure about the latest versions of explorer!

the only problem is with firefox, always, for all websites and even

with the web pages which i stored for reading offline!

i did not use 2016.2 because of reading of punctuations with farsi language.

so please test this problem with this version too.

i only tested 15.4 and 16.1 without any problem!

> On the windows 10 machine it was a fresh install and there was no issue.

>   Very strange. Unless we can identify the actual  parameters to cause this

> effect its hard to be able to diagnose it for us and indeed for the

> developers.

>  Do the affected folk have any  extensions or add ons on their Firefox?

>  I use navigational sounds. the  nuw add blocker, not the one that allows

> There are also the normal add ons thatprocess flash and other forms of

> embedded content, but seriously think it will not be any of those.

>  My main guess is if you have some kind of web site checking  add on like

> the avg  one or one of those ones that looks for bargains etc. Some of those

> seem to act up a lot.

>  Brian

> bglists@...

> Sent via blueyonder.

> Please address personal email to:-

> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

> in the display name field.

please test this problem with different versions of firefox with nvda.
i revert to 2016.1 with no problem!
but i wish the progress and succeed of nvda not its regression.
please solve this critical issue!
nvda was the most compatible screen reader with firefox and now, its
not possible to work with it with the fresh install of nvda!

From: nasrin khaksar
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
al-islam.org

i dont think that it relates to version of firefox and different
versions of windows.
but please test it and give us the result.

From: nasrin khaksar

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
al-islam.org

enes sarıbaş

hi,

problem exists on next snapshots.

From: nasrin khaksar

Roger Stewart

I have no problems here with nvda and Firefox. I'm using Win 10 1607 and latest Firefox and latest nvda. I also have Webvisum, Noscript, and a few other Firefox plug ins and have never had a problem with it.

Roger

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mário Navarro" <mario.gnv@gmail.com>
[...]

hi enes.
thanks so much for your help.
also did you test with nvda 2016.2?
i did not have this version because of reading punctuation in farsi to test.

i am using 2016.1 with no problem and wish to know about 2016.2 or 2016.2.1 too.

On 10/1/16, Roger Stewart <paganus2@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Jenine Stanley

I have had this going on for quite some time now and it is something on my machine, probably something that didn’t get uninstalled. Nothing thus far fixes it and a reinstall of Windows is going to be necessary to fix it completely. It’s not NVDA though. I have NVDA working on two other machines, one running 7 and the other running 10. The big test is to try it with IE. If it’s what we all think, it will behave similarly. It may work once or twice but then behave exactly as it does in Firefox.

Sorry for the bad news.
Jenine Stanley

On Oct 1, 2016, at 5:24 AM, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:

[...]

Gene

It isn't the same problem because it only affects one snapshot of NVDA.

As regards your problem, did you try the solution of registering one or more dll files?  I don't recall the details of this possible solution but someone else should know them or may well already have notes.  How long have you had the problem.  Do you have a system restore point from before the problem started?  Depending on what your problem is, nothing drastic such as a reinstallation of Windows may be necessary.

[...]

Tell me more about the dll file issue. I don’t recall hearing about this. I’ve had the issue with every version of NVDA since 2016.1. I sadly hadn’t created a restore point at all but I do have other issues with this computer involving Windows Updates that will necessitate the reinstall. It’s bigger than NVDA, in other words.
Jenine Stanley

On Oct 1, 2016, at 5:23 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

[...]

Arlene

Hi, what version of windows are you running? Have you decided to format your computer?