Reading Charts

Stephen Costigan

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if NVDA can read charts, the reason why I ask is
because I can send reports and charts from my blood glucose machine to
my laptop.

Thank you in advance.

Stephen

Stephen Costigan

My apologies I should have mentioned that the charts are sent as images.

Regards

Stephen

On 18/11/2018 08:56, Stephen Costigan wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if NVDA can read charts, the reason why I ask is
because I can send reports and charts from my blood glucose machine to
my laptop.

Thank you in advance.

Stephen

Gene

No screen-reader can read images.  There is no written text to read.  Maybe you could use OCR to make the charts readable for a screen-reader but if accuracy matters, I have no idea how accurately the numbers would be rendered and you would have to check numbers that look wrong or not routine.

But I don't understand the question.  You said you want to send the charts.  Aren't you sending them to a sighted person?  Why does it matter if NVDA can read them?

Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2018 3:04 AM
To: NVDA
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading Charts

My apologies I should have mentioned that the charts are sent as images.

Regards

Stephen

On 18/11/2018 08:56, Stephen Costigan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me if NVDA can read charts, the reason why I ask is
> because I can send reports and charts from my blood glucose machine to
> my laptop.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Stephen

Stephen Costigan

Hi Gene,

Thank you for the response.

I am sending the reports from my mobile to my laptop and wanted to see if there was a way for my laptop to read them out to me because at the moment I have my wife reading the data from the charts to me.

Not to worry, thank you.

Stephen

Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2018 3:04 AM
To: NVDA

My apologies I should have mentioned that the charts are sent as images.

Regards

Stephen

On 18/11/2018 08:56, Stephen Costigan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me if NVDA can read charts, the reason why I ask is
> because I can send reports and charts from my blood glucose machine to
> my laptop.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Stephen

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

the closest i can find is this add on but is more for a excel sheet and not a image. A screen reader if it has the ocr function may be able to ocr information but it is more for pulling text out of the image.

The link to this add on is https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/AudioChart.en.html

I have not used it so do not know apart from what i read it does.

Gene nz

On 18/11/2018 9:56 PM, Stephen Costigan wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if NVDA can read charts, the reason why I ask is
because I can send reports and charts from my blood glucose machine to
my laptop.

Thank you in advance.

Stephen

Jason White

Can you export the data to a CSV file and then read it with a spreadsheet program?

On 11/18/18, 03:56, "Stephen Costigan" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of stephen.costigan@outlook.com> wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if NVDA can read charts, the reason why I ask is
because I can send reports and charts from my blood glucose machine to
my laptop.

Thank you in advance.

Stephen

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well I'd want to know what I'm sending. I would not want, for example my med data to be shared if its just wrong
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

Its a real pity that they send them in a graphic. If they sent them via numbers and a chart app on the other machine could then interpret them, you may stand a better chance.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

My apologies I should have mentioned that the charts are sent as images.

Regards

Stephen

On 18/11/2018 08:56, Stephen Costigan wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if NVDA can read charts, the reason why I ask is
because I can send reports and charts from my blood glucose machine to
my laptop.

Thank you in advance.

Stephen

Gene

But we don't know if that is at all likely.  I am assuming that the machine speaks and that the data has already been heard at the time the pressure was taken.  It's possible that there is a bug or problem with the machine so it isn't stored correctly but if it was correctly spoken, that would be very unlikely.  Also, my talking machine allows me to go back and check memories with speech.  Every time I've done so, the memory is correct.

While I agree that someone might want the reassurrance of making sure, it is very unlikely that errors will occcur.

Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 4:13 AM

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

My apologies I should have mentioned that the charts are sent as images.

Regards

Stephen

On 18/11/2018 08:56, Stephen Costigan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me if NVDA can read charts, the reason why I ask is
> because I can send reports and charts from my blood glucose machine to
> my laptop.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Stephen

Stephen Costigan

Hi All,

Thank you for your suggestions, I sorted it out. I sent it to another
app on my phone and it was able to extract the data and read it out to me.

Stephen