problem with NVDA and libre office

Ashley Wayne

Hi all,

I cannot seem to get NVDA to announce the alignment of text in libre office writer, such as left or centered.  I will have alignment checked under the document formatting section of preferences but still nothing.  NVDA key plus F will read other attributes like font type or size but still not alignment.  When I go to other applications with text, like websites for example, NVDA will then read alignment information.  What am I missing here?  Thank you so much for any help.

Ashley

---
https://www.avg.com

hi.
both openoffice and libreoffice dont support reporting alignment for
nvda screen reader.
i am not sure about jaws and libreoffice compatibility with jaws, but
i am sure that you cant read alignment information when using
libreoffice or openoffice.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Ashley Wayne

Hi thank you, I did not realize that.  Well, at least I wasn't missing something obvious.

On 11/19/2018 7:16 PM, zahra wrote:
[...]

The Gamages

Hello,

To read the alignment in Libre office Writer,

Press alt then right arrow to the format menu,

Arrow down to “ alignment” and right arrow to the sub menu.

Now up and down arrow, some will say “selected” but the one that says “checked” will be the current alignment.

Best Regards, Jim.

Hi thank you, I did not realize that.  Well, at least I wasn't missing

something obvious.

On 11/19/2018 7:16 PM, zahra wrote:

> hi.

> both openoffice and libreoffice dont support reporting alignment for

> nvda screen reader.

> i am not sure about jaws and libreoffice compatibility with jaws, but

> i am sure that you cant read alignment information when using

> libreoffice or openoffice.

> On 11/20/18, Ashley Wayne <a.r.wayne2008@...> wrote:

>> Hi all,

>> I cannot seem to get NVDA to announce the alignment of text in libre

>> office writer, such as left or centered.  I will have alignment checked

>> under the document formatting section of preferences but still nothing.

>> NVDA key plus F will read other attributes like font type or size but

>> still not alignment.  When I go to other applications with text, like

>> websites for example, NVDA will then read alignment information.  What

>> am I missing here?  Thank you so much for any help.

>> Ashley

>> ---

>> https://www.avg.com

Brian's Mail list account

Bit clunky though. I imagine thatches program is not exposing the correct data for nvda to read.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Quentin Christensen

While I don't have any better advice than everyone else for the specific issue, I would encourage those using LibreOffice to also report issues against that project as well.  A lot of things like this, where the information isn't being exposed to us, we can't do anything about - it needs to be a change to LibreOffice to expose that, before we can look for it.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Ashley Wayne

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Walmir Schultz <wsautodidata@...>

Hi,

I used LibreOffice for years, but when I started to use it with NVDA, a series of incompatibilities and problems (including ugly crashes) annoyed me in such a way that I abandoned it in favor of Microsoft Office.

It's obvious now that the developers of LibreOffice are not interested or prepared to deal with screen reader incompatibilities.

It's a shame because the usability of LibreOffice is much better than MS Office, at least for me. All was done faster in LibreOffice.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

All I can really say to that, is to reiterate what I said earlier - keep reporting bugs!  To us, so we are aware of them (and if we can fix them independently, great!) and particularly to Libre Office, because the more people who report accessibility issues, the more likely they will prioritise working on it (and even hopefully work with us).

Libre Office use a web-based issue tracker, like we do, however they use Bugzilla rather than GitHub, so you'll need to create a free account with them to report issues.  Here is the link: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/