From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 10:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] continues in beta

With the last release of NVDA when you open up the settings menu NVDA reads what I call trash. This issue still remains with the 2018-4 beta 1.
It is saying something like
C equals microsoft windows
O equals Microsoft corporation
L equals readman
F equals Washington
c equals us windows

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

What do you mean? Is this a windows 10 thing, as I hear no junk on windows 7.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

With the last release of NVDA when you open up the settings menu NVDA reads what I call trash. This issue still remains with the 2018-4 beta 1.
It is saying something like
C equals microsoft windows
O equals Microsoft corporation
L equals readman
F equals Washington
c equals us windows

Hi,
Based on the log I got from this person, it appears UIA events are not seen by NVDA in some cases (even with log level set to debug, relevant info isn't showing up).
Cheers,
Joseph

With the last release of NVDA when you open up the settings menu NVDA
reads what I call trash. This issue still remains with the 2018-4 beta 1.
It is saying something like
C equals microsoft windows
O equals Microsoft corporation
L equals readman
F equals Washington
c equals us windows

Gene

That's interesting.  It sounds as though it thinks it is reading some sort of credit or copyright information as a menu.  I don't know if that makes any sense technically.

With the last release of NVDA when you open up the settings menu NVDA
reads what I call trash.  This issue still remains with the 2018-4 beta 1.
It is saying something like
C equals microsoft windows
O equals Microsoft corporation
L equals readman
F equals Washington
c equals us windows

Hi,

To me, based on available evidence 9log file), it appears it is an odd live region that’s speaking when it is supposed to be silent. The log I got also points to UIA not working in that instance.

Cheers,

Joseph

That's interesting.  It sounds as though it thinks it is reading some sort of credit or copyright information as a menu.  I don't know if that makes any sense technically.

With the last release of NVDA when you open up the settings menu NVDA
reads what I call trash.  This issue still remains with the 2018-4 beta 1.
It is saying something like
C equals microsoft windows
O equals Microsoft corporation
L equals readman
F equals Washington
c equals us windows

Kevin Cussick

I get this garbage on one lenovo machine when going into the settings app on the other machine the same make and OS I don't.