Win 10 ver 1809

Don H

Wonder how many on the list installed Win 10 version 1809 when it first came out and before it was pulled back. It seems that the strange verbage I get when openning up the settings app relates to version 1809 and does not happen with version 1803.

Ian Blackburn

I did and it worked well
Window is narrator way better
Regards Ian

On 21 Nov 2018, at 7:50 am, Don H <lmddh50@adams.net> wrote:

Wonder how many on the list installed Win 10 version 1809 when it first came out and before it was pulled back. It seems that the strange verbage I get when openning up the settings app relates to version 1809 and does not happen with version 1803.

Rui Fontes

Yes, it is only occurring in Windows 10 ver 1809.
Narrator does not read this information...

Rui Fontes

Às 23:50 de 20/11/2018, Don H escreveu:

Wonder how many on the list installed Win 10 version 1809 when it first came out and before it was pulled back.  It seems that the strange verbage I get when openning up the settings app relates to version 1809 and does not happen with version 1803.

Hi,
Based on the log I got, it appears UIA events are not seen by NVDA on some systems. I can't reproduce this problem on any of my machines running Version 1809 and Insider Preview builds.
Cheers,
Joseph

Yes, it is only occurring in Windows 10 ver 1809.
Narrator does not read this information...

Rui Fontes

Às 23:50 de 20/11/2018, Don H escreveu:
Wonder how many on the list installed Win 10 version 1809 when it
first came out and before it was pulled back. It seems that the
strange verbage I get when openning up the settings app relates to
version 1809 and does not happen with version 1803.

Don H

On my system running win 10 1809 I get the strange verbage when going to the settings app with both NVDA and Narrator but not with Jaws.

On 11/20/2018 6:58 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Based on the log I got, it appears UIA events are not seen by NVDA on some systems. I can't reproduce this problem on any of my machines running Version 1809 and Insider Preview builds.
Cheers,
Joseph
Yes, it is only occurring in Windows 10 ver 1809.
Narrator does not read this information...
Rui Fontes
Às 23:50 de 20/11/2018, Don H escreveu:
Wonder how many on the list installed Win 10 version 1809 when it
first came out and before it was pulled back. It seems that the
strange verbage I get when openning up the settings app relates to
version 1809 and does not happen with version 1803.

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I installed the 1809 version before it was pulled and besides it screwing up a few default settings, which I was able to reset, I had no issues with it.

Since then, Windows updated again and there are no issues.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Chris

None I guess, otherwise we would have heard

Maybe try a portable copy of nvda

With default settings and see what that gives you

Wonder how many on the list installed Win 10 version 1809 when it first

came out and before it was pulled back.  It seems that the strange

verbage I get when openning up the settings app relates to version 1809

and does not happen with version 1803.

Jacob Kruger

I had it both back then, as well as having installed latest update, etc.,
in last week, on two separate machines, and, while it does seem to
interact slightly better with NVDA 2018.4 beta 1, haven't had any real
isssues that took note of, or noticed.

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2018-11-21 11:31 AM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:

None I guess, otherwise we would have heard

Maybe try a portable copy of nvda

With default settings and see what that gives you

Wonder how many on the list installed Win 10 version 1809 when it first

came out and before it was pulled back. It seems that the strange

verbage I get when openning up the settings app relates to version 1809

and does not happen with version 1803.

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I upgraded when it first came out and I have had no problems.My only difference is that I never use the upgrade assistant. I believe those using the upgrade assistant were the ones who had the problem. I know my wife went that route and it took her over four hours to install. Just recently she had to roll back to an earlier version, 1803. I always use the media creator to upgrade.

None I guess, otherwise we would have heard

Maybe try a portable copy of nvda

With default settings and see what that gives you

Wonder how many on the list installed Win 10 version 1809 when it first

came out and before it was pulled back.  It seems that the strange

verbage I get when openning up the settings app relates to version 1809

and does not happen with version 1803.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Be interesting to know if those systems also cannot read the dialogues of Dropbox though.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Based on the log I got, it appears UIA events are not seen by NVDA on some systems. I can't reproduce this problem on any of my machines running Version 1809 and Insider Preview builds.
Cheers,
Joseph

Yes, it is only occurring in Windows 10 ver 1809.
Narrator does not read this information...

Rui Fontes

Às 23:50 de 20/11/2018, Don H escreveu:
Wonder how many on the list installed Win 10 version 1809 when it
first came out and before it was pulled back. It seems that the
strange verbage I get when openning up the settings app relates to
version 1809 and does not happen with version 1803.

Kevin Cussick

Hi, I did and yes the machine that reads all the garbage in settings is the one affected.