Paypal bank details changed

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I noticed on my Lloyds statement the last donation I made to Nvaccess did not have the name just an impenetrable long number and direct debit. Which of course it is. I do sometimes despair at the human inability to keep things simple when they are working fine. sigh. I doubt there is much nvaccess can do about this, but really I use Paypal for other things and its not helpful if they remove the name in favour of some number.
Bah humbug.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Antony Stone

Are you sure this is a change made by NV Access, and not by Paypal or Lloyds?

Antony.

On Thursday 22 November 2018 at 16:32:08, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

I noticed on my Lloyds statement the last donation I made to Nvaccess did
not have the name just an impenetrable long number and direct debit. Which
of course it is. I do sometimes despair at the human inability to keep
things simple when they are working fine. sigh. I doubt there is much
nvaccess can do about this, but really I use Paypal for other things and
its not helpful if they remove the name in favour of some number.
Bah humbug.
"Measuring average network latency is about as useful as measuring the mean
temperature of patients in a hospital."

- Stéphane Bortzmeyer

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well, I suspect Pay Pal, I wondered if anyone else had noticed that was all.
Like most things to do with finance, it all seems totally illogical to the person who is the customer!
[...]

Quentin Christensen

I didn't think we'd changed anything lately, but I'll look into it for you Brian.  Like you say, having something readable against each transaction makes working out which is what much easier.

If you have the PayPal receipt handy, would it be possible to email it to me offlist, please?  (Either to quentin@... or info@...).

Regards

Quentin.

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

--
"Measuring average network latency is about as useful as measuring the mean
temperature of patients in a hospital."

 - Stéphane Bortzmeyer

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC
me.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Actually I may well have it by email but the real issue is the paper/audio bank statement entry. I may well ask Lloyds about it from my end, but I strongly suspect that they may well have done it for, shall we say other reasons.
There was a local radio program recently that stated that many transactions on line are now disguised in case the person is buying sensitive items, by which I suspect they mean sex toys.
Could be embarrassing I guess, but its another manifestation of the paranoia around data protection we are going through at the moment.

me offlist, please? (Either to quentin@nvaccess.org or info@nvaccess.org).

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess