books about NVDA on the access technology institute website.

Sue J. Ward

Hello. I would like to buy the two books about NVDA but they are kind of pricey maybe email them to me if you can on the blind.training or it is called access technology institute website. One is about the NVDA screen reader which goes for 95 dollars that mainly talks about the entire screen reader guess from what I have read it walks you through everything the only thing I don't know when it was written. Does any one have a copy that could email it to me for free? The other one is about windows 10 using nvda it sounds like it is a good book to get it talks about the entire system but what I don't get is when you first get a new computer that has windows 10 it does not have word installed and in the book it mentions and walks you through windows 10 and one of the lessons is managing and saving documents mentions word plus there are several lessons about microsoft word. It is good but I just want a book mainly about windows 10 minus the stuff about word. The book does cost around 150 dollars it sounds like a good resource was wondering has anyone bought the books from the website and how good are they? I would also like a copy of the book as well if anyone has that could they email that to me? The books are an immersion in to NVDA

The other one is an immersion in to windows 10 with NVDA. Thank you.
How CBD Oil “Healed Her Pain” When Nothing Else Helped
CDX Labs
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5bfc6b0365c286b035e8cst04vuc

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Not sure if you are aware but nvaccess sells some books. They vary in price depending wht format you get. 2 of them are one is for excel and the other for word and there is one for the screen reader. They can be found at https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

I know that is probably not answering your other question on the other site but thought you might not know of these resources.

I do also have written and audio tutorials on my website for nvda and there is a page where i put together some windows 10 tutorials on stuff that i changed to suit my needs that other people would probably change to 2.

The website can be found at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Gene nz

On 27/11/2018 10:52 AM, Sue J. Ward wrote:
[...]

Monte Single

The books on n v d a found on the;

Nvaccess.ort

Website are about one third the cost of those found on the

Blindtraining.com

Website.

Go to;

Nvaccess.ort/store and should find what you want.

[...]

Ann Byrne

The books are very reasonably priced, well done, worth every penny. I paid $23 US for the Word book and the Excel book.

At 04:12 PM 11/26/2018, you wrote:

Hi

Not sure if you are aware but nvaccess sells some books. They vary in price depending wht format you get. 2 of them are one is for excel and the other for word and there is one for the screen reader. They can be found at <https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/>https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

The website can be found at <http://www.accessibilitycentral.net>http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

[...]

How CBD Oil “Healed Her Painâ€&#65533; When Nothing Else Helped
CDX Labs
<http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5bfc6b0365c286b035e8cst04vuc>http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5bfc6b0365c286b035e8cst04vuc

--
Image NVDA certified expert

Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at <http://www.accessibilitycentral.net>http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit <http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries>http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link <https://certification.nvaccess.org/>https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

Monte Single

The books at the nvaccess.org  website are about or less than 25 u s dollars.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Actually though these do seem rather expensive, its not going to help them get cheaper if you deprive them of sales by encouraging people to pirate them. I'm not suggesting that you would, but your message can be read in that way, and so I thought I'd mention it as this list is run by people connected with NV Access they do have to be careful to make sure all users remain within the law.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

With access technology institute, you are definitely paying for a brand. I've used them. It is an outstanding brand! it's not cheap, and I realize not everyone can afford it, but sometimes it's okay to charge what something is worth. Regardless of where the materials come from, a lot of time and effort go in to their preparation. the reason why you would pay high prices for these books is that if you've used the access technology institute for many years and you're used to the training style, then you would want to keep dealing with them. Otherwise, you may want to save money and go with the equally valuable materials that come directly from NV access for a lower price, the manual, online forums, and this email list as references.

You would hope that something comes back from ATI to envy access from the purchase of these textbooks, but I wouldn't count on it. At least, if you buy textbooks directly from envy access, you know you're supporting the product.

personally, I'm a little gratified that they cared enough to make the materials. Most business class organizations are still focused on Jaws despite the tremendous benefits of nvda.

I hope ATI sells a ton of their textbooks to businesses, rehabilitation agencies, and other groups who love paying a lot of money for ...stuff.

On November 26, 2018 4:53:10 PM "Sue J. Ward" <groovy41@juno.com> wrote:

[...]

The NVAccess books cost far less, and although they are NVDA focused to a degree, the instruction in Office products is excellent and they include exercises to reinforce what is taught.

At 10:13 AM 11/27/2018, you wrote:
[...]

Steve Nutt

Hi,

If they do Email it you for free, it's illegal. Remember, the author does have to make a living.

All the best

Steve

[...]

Gaylen Kapperman

I agree wholeheartedly! That would be illegal and unethical!!
Gaylen Kapperman