Standard Keyboard Labels?

David Russell

Hi NVDA users,

I write content articles as means to garner an income, and wonder if
you might know the specific keys on a standard computer keyboard that
automatically inserts the words "registered" and "trademark." Thus,
these words are read in whole but spelling is hidden if using arrow
keys. Thanks in advance.

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@gmail.com

Quentin Christensen

Hi David,

I recently wrote this myself for the Microsoft Word with NVDA module, available from http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/ (Hey, if I'm giving you the content, the least I can do is plug the product it's from).

  • To insert the Registered Trademark symbol, type control+alt+r or type (r)
  • To insert the Trademark symbol, type control+alt+t or type (tm)
  • To insert the Copyright symbol, type control+alt+c or type (c)

  • If you are interested in going a bit deeper with Microsoft Word and NVDA, I'd strongly recommend the Microsoft Word with NVDA module *smile*.

    Kind regards

    Quentin.

    On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 9:20 PM, David Russell <david.sonofhashem@...> wrote:
    Hi NVDA users,

    I write content articles as means to garner an income, and wonder if
    you might know the specific keys on a standard computer keyboard that
    automatically inserts the words "registered" and "trademark." Thus,
    these words are read in whole but spelling is hidden if using arrow
    keys. Thanks in advance.

    --
    David Russell
    david.sonofhashem@...
    Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.
    James A. Michener

    --
    Quentin Christensen
    Training Material Developer

    Direct: +61 413 904 383
    www.nvaccess.org
    Twitter: @NVAccess

    Jacob Kruger

    If in word you type in (tm) it will convert it to the trademark symbol, and (c) does the same for copyright symbol, and (r) then implements registered symbol.

    Stay well, and HTH

    Jacob Kruger
    Blind Biker
    Skype: BlindZA

    On 2016-10-04 12:20 PM, David Russell wrote:
    Hi NVDA users,

    I write content articles as means to garner an income, and wonder if
    you might know the specific keys on a standard computer keyboard that
    automatically inserts the words "registered" and "trademark." Thus,
    these words are read in whole but spelling is hidden if using arrow
    keys. Thanks in advance.

    What I wish there was an easy way to do is read text in boxes or better still get rid of the damn things in documents you are sent so you can read it properly. I keep on getting what is on at your library sent to me in a doc file that appears totally blank but sighted folk tell me has text in boxes.
    Brian

    bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
    Sent via blueyonder.
    Please address personal email to:-

    On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 9:20 PM, David Russell <david.sonofhashem@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    Hi NVDA users,

    I write content articles as means to garner an income, and wonder if
    you might know the specific keys on a standard computer keyboard that
    automatically inserts the words "registered" and "trademark." Thus,
    these words are read in whole but spelling is hidden if using arrow
    keys. Thanks in advance.

    --
    David Russell
    david.sonofhashem@gmail.com
    Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.
    James A. Michener

    --
    Quentin Christensen
    Training Material Developer
    http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

    Ph +61 7 3149 3306
    Direct: +61 413 904 383
    www.nvaccess.org
    Twitter: @NVAccess

    Quentin Christensen

    It could be it has text in text boxes or it could always just be an image.

    I cover a method for accessing text boxes in the Microsoft Word with NVDA module.  Essentially it involves creating a new text box and from there you can use tab to move between any other text boxes or inserted objects.

    Alternatively, you can use the accessibility checker to locate a checkbox, set it inline and then you can find it in the body of the document (NVDA identifies it as "slash" currently) - however you would need to do that for each text box.

    Kind regards

    Quentin.

    On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 6:25 PM, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:
    What I wish there was an easy way to do is read text in boxes or better still get rid of the damn things in documents you are sent so you can read it properly. I keep on getting what is on at your library sent to me in a doc file that appears totally blank but sighted folk tell me has text in boxes.
    Brian

    bglists@...
    Sent via blueyonder.
    Please address personal email to:-
    briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
    in the display name field.
    ----- Original Message ----- From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...>

    wrote:

[...]

    Chris Mullins

    Brian
    Have you contacted the creators of the inaccessible library document? If not you should. Libraries are for everyone and as such, documents giving details of their services should be accessible. If they don't know there is a problem for you reading their document, they can't do anything about it. Perhaps they supply it in audio or some other form accessible to you but if not, then you should complain.

    Cheersd
    Chris