Topics

Urgent help needed with phonetic transcriptions

Enes,

           If there is any way I can help that won't result in either one of us wanting to kill the other don't hesitate to ask (or at least be willing to walk away without animus if we determine that "something simple" really wasn't).

           Unfortunately, I understand as entirely as I can as a sighted person what you've gotten yourself into.  I can remember taking my clinical phonetics class and watching many of my classmates struggle mightily with it, and that's when they could see the transcriptions and not even have to care about what the name of the characters used in the transcriptions were.  Letter by letter IPA reading could take weeks to get through a couple of sentences just due to the complicated character names.  Having to remember a long sequence of those afterward would have driven me crazy!

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Sorry all, that was intended as a private message and I missed the Private button again.

-

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back