Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 8:36 PM
Subject: [nvda] Reading Phone Numbers in Spanish

Hello, Someone who was testing our site with NVDA in Spanish was using eSpeak to test, and said that a phone number that was written in this format (111-111-1111) was reading the dashes as minus signs. However witht eh Vocalizer Expressive Voices (using JAWS), the phone number read our correctly. Could this be an issue of how the "-" symbol was typed in the HTML page? Or is this just a limitation of eSpeak? What can be done to get the number ead out properly?

Matthew Horspool

Hi,

If you include a link to your website, we can check to see if the hyphen is encoded correctly and proceed as appropriate.

Matthew

Hello, Someone who was testing our site with NVDA in Spanish was using eSpeak to test, and said that a phone number that was written in this format (111-111-1111) was reading the dashes as minus signs. However witht eh Vocalizer Expressive Voices (using JAWS), the phone number read our correctly. Could this be an issue of how the "-" symbol was typed in the HTML page? Or is this just a limitation of eSpeak? What can be done to get the number ead out properly?

ChrisLeo

Hi.
This is due to a incorrect rule on espeak-ng for Spanish language.
I can fix it for the next version of espeak-ng.
Very thanks for your report,
Cheers.

Chris.