Outlook 2016

kelby carlson

Has anyone had any success using this with NVDA? I need to use it for work but the response is extremely sluggish and most of the elements are not read by NVDA.

--
Kelby Carlson

Kelby,

        What, specifically, are you having difficulty with NVDA reading (or not reading)?   I have Outlook 2016 on my machine here at home along with NVDA and I can see if the issues exist here.

         In the quick playing I've done with Outlook (both 2010 and 2016) and NVDA in the past they've played well together.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

kelby carlson

I have been doing some further experimenting, and it looks like the dlowness is primarily on my work computer and not on my personal computer. I'm not sure why this would be. I am trying to look for possible accessibility settings to change. The essential problem is this: When I arrow through things like email NVDA will read me the first option or two, but will then pretty much stop responding in any way unless I tab into another app.

Kelby,

           The behavior differences you've observed give a clear indication that the issue is specific to your work machine and that either NVDA, Office, or some setting is at play.  Since uninstalling and reinstalling both NVDA and MS-Office are very easy to do (or should be for your IT folks) that's the first thing I'd try.  Do one or the other first, see if that clears things up, then do the other if the first didn't get the hoped for result.

           Also, since you haven't mentioned it, are both machines running the same Windows release (e.g., 7, 8.1, 10) and, if Windows 10, the same version and build?

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

kelby carlson

My personal laptop and my work tablet are both running Windows 10; I'm not sure if the builds are the same. I also have a work desktop computer which I am still setting up. When i used outlook on that computer just now, there was no sluggishness or unresponsiveness there either. So clearly it is a problem with the computer. I suppose it could be an NVDA problem, but the program was just installed last week and the settings I use are identical including ad-ons. So I guess this will be for my IT to figure out.