For those that subscribe via email to cleaner news they have a servey with the latest version update and I strongly recomend you take it.

I have completed it with the issues of. 1.  accessibility to all features, quickclean, and interface issues.

and 2.  the fact that some settings can not be got to and that some settings if changed are not honored at all and reverted like quickclean stuff.

Why they choose to do this now is beyond me but they are doing it so.

Tyler Wood

Hi,

What settings are recommended for the .ini file?

thanks

On 2018-11-29 12:25 p.m., Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi all.

For those that subscribe via email to cleaner news they have a servey with the latest version update and I strongly recomend you take it.

I have completed it with the issues of. 1.  accessibility to all features, quickclean, and interface issues.

and 2.  the fact that some settings can not be got to and that some settings if changed are not honored at all and reverted like quickclean stuff.

Why they choose to do this now is beyond me but they are doing it so.

This is the ini file I have used so far.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbbbqs8blbyuev9/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

Every few days or so maybe every day or 2 you will have to copy this file back to ccleaner because its going to reset a few things sadly but oh well.

On 2018-11-29 12:25 p.m., Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi all.

For those that subscribe via email to cleaner news they have a servey with the latest version update and I strongly recomend you take it.

I have completed it with the issues of. 1.  accessibility to all features, quickclean, and interface issues.

and 2.  the fact that some settings can not be got to and that some settings if changed are not honored at all and reverted like quickclean stuff.

Why they choose to do this now is beyond me but they are doing it so.

Kevin <kleeva5@...>

What’s ini mean and is it different than the standard?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

This is the ini file I have used so far.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbbbqs8blbyuev9/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

Every few days or so maybe every day or 2 you will have to copy this

file back to ccleaner because its going to reset a few things sadly but

oh well.

On 11/30/2018 7:33 AM, Tyler Wood wrote:

> Hi,

> What settings are recommended for the .ini file?

> thanks

> On 2018-11-29 12:25 p.m., Shaun Everiss wrote:

>> Hi all.

>> For those that subscribe via email to cleaner news they have a servey

>> with the latest version update and I strongly recomend you take it.

>> I have completed it with the issues of. 1.  accessibility to all

>> features, quickclean, and interface issues.

>> and 2.  the fact that some settings can not be got to and that some

>> settings if changed are not honored at all and reverted like

>> quickclean stuff.

>> Why they choose to do this now is beyond me but they are doing it so.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

My suspicion is that they have a team of programmers now they are part of Avast and its a general cock up situation as they could not design their way out of a paper bag.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

For those that subscribe via email to cleaner news they have a servey with the latest version update and I strongly recomend you take it.

I have completed it with the issues of. 1. accessibility to all features, quickclean, and interface issues.

and 2. the fact that some settings can not be got to and that some settings if changed are not honored at all and reverted like quickclean stuff.

Why they choose to do this now is beyond me but they are doing it so.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes I have not updated since the last one took out all the things I did not want it to touch and mucked up associations for mailto and browser choices. Luckily I saved the previous registry.
If they are going to ignore perfectly good settings, in my view they cannot be trusted to get other stuff right. I'm on the previous portable version.
Needless to say this still gave me the big advert the other day, which is blank from our point of view but was an offer price. Not bad actually but as I say,since their qa has apparently gone out of the window, I'd not trust them.

On 2018-11-29 12:25 p.m., Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi all.

For those that subscribe via email to cleaner news they have a servey with the latest version update and I strongly recomend you take it.

I have completed it with the issues of. 1. accessibility to all features, quickclean, and interface issues.

and 2. the fact that some settings can not be got to and that some settings if changed are not honored at all and reverted like quickclean stuff.

Why they choose to do this now is beyond me but they are doing it so.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

.ini files are just one way to keep parameters for a piece of software, NVDA does use them and so does ccleaner but they occasionally screw up and overwrite the file or corrupt it.

On 2018-11-29 12:25 p.m., Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi all.

For those that subscribe via email to cleaner news they have a servey
with the latest version update and I strongly recomend you take it.

I have completed it with the issues of. 1. accessibility to all
features, quickclean, and interface issues.

and 2. the fact that some settings can not be got to and that some
settings if changed are not honored at all and reverted like
quickclean stuff.

Why they choose to do this now is beyond me but they are doing it so.

Who knows they had issues before that, for me they were fine till about 3.2.

I really used to like ccleaner for what it is.

The only reason I don't replace it is that the feature set is good and the interface mostly works.

In fact for those that don't mind a bit of extra work even with the portable I would still recomend it as a good contender.

Sadly, without my ini file or a bit of sighted help to set the interface its pritty much useless.

Even if you take the interface out, I can't trust the installer, access wize, interface excluded if they can get some settings screens working, heck excluding things if I make changes to the ini file I expect something I make to stay and thats it really.

For my users though I don't want them to run my stuff I have had people get into all sort of reformatting trouble after doodling round with my stuff, my tools I trust them but I can use them.

CCleaner was good once it still is if you know what you are doing, but if you don't then it may or may not have the clout in my view it once did.

On 12/1/2018 3:19 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
My suspicion is that they have a team of programmers now they are part of Avast and its a general cock up situation as they could not design their way out of a paper bag.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
For those that subscribe via email to cleaner news they have a servey with the latest version update and I strongly recomend you take it.

I have completed it with the issues of. 1. accessibility to all features, quickclean, and interface issues.

and 2. the fact that some settings can not be got to and that some settings if changed are not honored at all and reverted like quickclean stuff.

Why they choose to do this now is beyond me but they are doing it so.

.

One thing though, you get your ccleaner ini file big enough its going to slow down the engine my theory is it needs to read and run everything.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin" <kleeva5@gmail.com>

On 2018-11-29 12:25 p.m., Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi all.

For those that subscribe via email to cleaner news they have a servey
with the latest version update and I strongly recomend you take it.

I have completed it with the issues of. 1. accessibility to all
features, quickclean, and interface issues.

and 2. the fact that some settings can not be got to and that some
settings if changed are not honored at all and reverted like
quickclean stuff.

Why they choose to do this now is beyond me but they are doing it so.

To offer an alternative, even if updating has seemed to stop completely, I suggest Puran utilities. It does everything C Cleaner does and it even provides an accessible Revo uninstaller alternative. The download link is below. Bleachbit is the only open source alternative but it is not accessible at all, to NVDA or JAWS.

http://www.puransoftware.com/Puran-Utilities-Download.html

Casey <cwollner@...>

Hi okay so how do you use this program?

And is it free to use or only in A demo mode?

--

Casey