NVDA reading incorrect content when focus is on the Main frame of the page

tarveen.kaur@...

When we try navigating the below URL
https://sso.rumba.int.pearsoncmg.com/sso/login?profile=realize&k12int=true&service=https%3A%2F%2Fcert-www.realizedev.com%2Fcommunity%2Fj_spring_cas_security_check

Observe the issue that when focus in on MAIN FRAME it reads help and on HELP button it doesn't notify user,
Steps to repro
1) Launch URL
https://sso.rumba.int.pearsoncmg.com/sso/login?profile=realize&k12int=true&service=https%3A%2F%2Fcert-www.realizedev.com%2Fcommunity%2Fj_spring_cas_security_check
2) Press SHIFT+TAB from username
3) Observe tab focus moves to HELP and reader would read help
4) Press SHIFT+TAB again, focus would move to main frame
5) Press Shift+TAb, focus would move to main URL
6) PRESS TAB again, you will see focus moves to main frame and reads HELP,(That's incorrect)
7) Again press tab, focus would move to HELP and will not be notifying user that he is on HELP
Please confirm is this a issue with NVDA, if not how can we fix the same.

Gene

I didn't answer until now because I don't have new versions of browsers or NVDA.  I can't run the new NVDA.

What I will describe may not reflect what you see. If I shift tab to the address bar, and then tab once, I hear a lot of extraneous material and at the end, the word help announced as a link.  I have to either let everything read to finally hear "help" or I have to use the read current line command to interrupt the extraneous material and hear "help" spoken.  This is when using Chrome and an old version of NVDA.  Is part of the problem you are describing that you hear all sorts of extraneous material being read before "help" is spoken?

As to your other problem, using Chrome and the old NVDA, I can't reproduce it.

Sent: Monday, December 03, 2018 5:59 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA reading incorrect content when focus is on the Main frame of the page

[...]

Would this be an impact while submitting the product for Texas submission? Is it something that's impacting big time.
Please confirm.

Gene

Are you asking about submitting the site to the state of Texas?  I don't know what their standards are, if that is what you are asking.  The problem appears to me to be minor, but I'm not sure if I'm experiencing the problems as you are since I'm using old versions of Chrome and NVDA.

Do you want to submit the question to a place that might be able to give you knowledgeable advice?  List members might be able to tell you where you might get such advice.

Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 6:54 AM