some questions about chrome

P. Otter

hello all,
my firefox was rather old, i've updated it but i'm not impressed about the new firefox.
so it is time to say bye bye to firefox.
chrome is a lot more quick.
but i've some questions about chrome i hope there is some one who can help me.
1 when i've  visit a web page, chrome asks me to save the password and name.
yes or no.
but when i try to find yes with the arrow keys, the question is disappeared.
I can'nt find it back.
but I've found out that i can repeat is by pressing alt plus shift plus a.
is there a possibility to geve yes or no with a special key?
question 2
I visit a page but I do'nt want to save the password, because I don't know for sure if i come back on that page.
after a few times I visit the page i want to save the password and name          yet.
how can i ask now chrome to save the name and password?
thanks in advance
paul otter

Vlad Dragomir

Hello,

Here’s an attempt to answer:

  1. I don’t think there is another hotkey for that, but honestly I don’t think we need one. Pressing alt+shift+a and choosing between yes and no seems quick enough to me.
  2. Settings/passwords. That’s where everything related to passwords can be dealt with.

Hope this will help a little.

Vlad.

Marten Post Uiterweer

Paul,

F6 is an important ke in chrome.
It is the hotkey to cicle between address bar, webpage etc. With this
hotkey you can find sometimes these questions.

Regards, Marten

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 11:59:06 +0100 "P. Otter" <pam.otter@...> wrote:

[...]

Brian's Mail list account

Not a problem limited to Chrome, firefox and Waterfox can do this annoying disappearing feat as well.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Is this not the same in other browsers though?
[...]

Yeah firefox is crap now.

use waterfox, it works.

On 12/4/2018 11:59 PM, P. Otter wrote:
[...]

.

Sarah k Alawami

Actualy I still use and love firefox, every day It works and is very very fast and accessing eh menu bar is easy as pie. I updated just a few weeks ago again and love it

Take care

On 4 Dec 2018, at 10:26, Shaun Everiss wrote:

Yeah firefox is crap now.

use waterfox, it works.

On 12/4/2018 11:59 PM, P. Otter wrote: > hello all, > my firefox was rather old, i've updated it but i'm not impressed > about the new firefox. > so it is time to say bye bye to firefox. > chrome is a lot more quick. > but i've some questions about chrome i hope there is some one who can > help me. > 1 when i've  visit a web page, chrome asks me to save the password > and name. > yes or no. > but when i try to find yes with the arrow keys, the question is > disappeared. > I can'nt find it back. > but I've found out that i can repeat is by pressing alt plus shift > plus a. > is there a possibility to geve yes or no with a special key? > question 2 > I visit a page but I do'nt want to save the password, because I don't > know for sure if i come back on that page. > after a few times I visit the page i want to save the password and > name          yet. > how can i ask now chrome to save the name and password? > thanks in advance > paul otter > > > > > . >

Gene

Some people still have problems with Firefox after Quantum was released.  But many don't or they are trivial.  For some odd reason, I have a problem I've never seen discussed by anyone else.  When I open a page or follow a link, the page doesn't load in the screen-reader unless I tab a short time after opening the page or following the link to it.  That's a slight inconvenience but hardly one that stops me from using Firefox.  And there are certain specific reasons I do so.  Noscript is one.  It also has been stated, by knowledgeable advisors that since Quantum, it is a little better regarding security than Chrome.  I use Chrome as well and I don't have strong opinions in favor of either one.  But to say that Firefox is crap is just simply not true.

Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 1:37 PM

Actualy I still use and love firefox, every day It works and is very
very fast and accessing eh menu bar is easy as pie. I updated just a few
weeks ago again and love it

Take care

On 4 Dec 2018, at 10:26, Shaun Everiss wrote:

> Yeah firefox is crap now.
>
> use waterfox, it works.
>

> On 12/4/2018 11:59 PM, P. Otter wrote:
>> hello all,
>> my firefox was rather old, i've updated it but i'm not impressed
>> about the new firefox.
>> so it is time to say bye bye to firefox.
>> chrome is a lot more quick.
>> but i've some questions about chrome i hope there is some one who can
>> help me.
>> 1 when i've  visit a web page, chrome asks me to save the password
>> and name.
>> yes or no.
>> but when i try to find yes with the arrow keys, the question is
>> disappeared.
>> I can'nt find it back.
>> but I've found out that i can repeat is by pressing alt plus shift
>> plus a.
>> is there a possibility to geve yes or no with a special key?
>> question 2
>> I visit a page but I do'nt want to save the password, because I don't
>> know for sure if i come back on that page.
>> after a few times I visit the page i want to save the password and
>> name          yet.
>> how can i ask now chrome to save the name and password?
>> thanks in advance
>> paul otter
>>

>> .

Desert Moon

Hello Paul and Else,

In Chrome, go to Settings, Advanced and Passwords.  There are two settings to play with:

1. Offer to save passwords
2. Auto log in

If both are set to No, Chrome will not ask you whether you want it to save the password you have just entered. If both are set to Yes, Chrome will ask you the first time you entr a password. If you say Yes, Chrome will store the password and auto-fill next time you visit that site.

--
Desert

Kwork

Thanks. I believe the question though was slightly different. After saying no, how can you reset that prompt so that it will ask you again later so you can choose differently if you decide you do want that password to be saved?

On 12/4/2018 3:29 PM, Desert Moon via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello Paul and Else,

In Chrome, go to Settings, Advanced and Passwords.  There are two settings to play with:

1. Offer to save passwords
2. Auto log in

If both are set to No, Chrome will not ask you whether you want it to save the password you have just entered. If both are set to Yes, Chrome will ask you the first time you entr a password. If you say Yes, Chrome will store the password and auto-fill next time you visit that site.

--
Desert

P. Otter

you're correct!!!
you understand my question.
that was the problem, but now the answer 😏
cheers
paul otter