Interesting and very informative lecture for potential developers

Adriani Botez

Dear all,

after Joseph Lee organized and maintained the very important and very good Python learning course 2017 / 2018, I think it is time for us to keep in touch with screen reader related information. This is important if you want to learn how to improve things from a programatical point of view. Speaking for myself, I don’t know if I ever will be able to improve things in a consistent way. I am not a professional programer but I am trying to do it in my spare time and am interested to understand the principles behind it. Though, NVDA’s code is very complex and in fact, we can understand it much better if we actually know how NVDA gets the information it reads out for us. So I think this tutorial explains in quite understandable terms how accessibility APIs work, compares them and shows how WEI-ARIA fits in this construct.

I recommend to all of you who want to try to contribute to NVDA’s code anytime in his life, read this tutorial and try to understand its core aspects. This tutorial brings most modern technologies in discussion and in my opinion is covering all important points with regard to Accessibility APIs and their meaning for screen readers.

https://www.w3.org/TR/core-aam-1.1/

Best

Adriani