accessibility of "Free Commander"

Dan Beaver

Hi,

Does anyone know if free commander is accessible with NVDA or not? It sounds interesting and I'd like to try it but if it isn't accessible then I'm not going to waste my time.

thanks.

Dan Beaver

Dan Beaver

Sorry, I should have stated that free commander is a file manager like windows explorer.

Dan Beaver

Hi,
Very accessible according to brief tests.
Cheers,
Joseph

Sorry, I should have stated that free commander is a file manager like windows explorer.

Dan Beaver

Bryan Mckinnish

Hi.
Free commander is accessible.
I have it on my machine.
From what I've used of it, it seems accessible.

On 10/8/2016 12:03 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if free commander is accessible with NVDA or not? It sounds interesting and I'd like to try it but if it isn't accessible then I'm not going to waste my time.

thanks.

Dan Beaver

.

Carlos

Hello:

The main program is accessible. The program configuration dialog box sections are somewhat accessible. The built-in text editor is not accessible at all.

This is using NVDA. I have not tried it with other screen readers.

Hope this helps you out?

--
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@...

Kevin Cussick

Ok, what does it offer that window's explorer doesn'? any chance of a website I can google if not.

On 08/10/2016 17:52, Bryan Mckinnish wrote:
Hi.
Free commander is accessible.
I have it on my machine.
From what I've used of it, it seems accessible.

On 10/8/2016 12:03 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if free commander is accessible with NVDA or not? It
sounds interesting and I'd like to try it but if it isn't accessible
then I'm not going to waste my time.

thanks.

Dan Beaver

.

Antony Stone

Google suggested https://freecommander.com/en/summary/ to me.

Antony.

On Saturday 08 October 2016 at 21:53:20, Kevin Cussick via Groups.io wrote:

Ok, what does it offer that window's explorer doesn'? any chance of
a website I can google if not.

On 08/10/2016 17:52, Bryan Mckinnish wrote:
Hi.
Free commander is accessible.
I have it on my machine.
From what I've used of it, it seems accessible.

On 10/8/2016 12:03 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if free commander is accessible with NVDA or not? It
sounds interesting and I'd like to try it but if it isn't accessible
then I'm not going to waste my time.

thanks.

Dan Beaver
--
Pavlov is in the pub enjoying a pint.
The barman rings for last orders, and Pavlov jumps up exclaiming "Damn! I

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Carlos

Hello:

FreeCommander is a Norton Commander file manager clone.

Norton Commander was one of the first DOS file managers and is still cloned by software developers because of its long lasting popularity!

Hope this helps you out!

On 10/8/2016 12:53 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.io wrote:
Ok, what does it offer that window's explorer doesn'? any chance of a website I can google if not.

On 08/10/2016 17:52, Bryan Mckinnish wrote:
Hi.
Free commander is accessible.
I have it on my machine.
From what I've used of it, it seems accessible.

On 10/8/2016 12:03 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if free commander is accessible with NVDA or not? It
sounds interesting and I'd like to try it but if it isn't accessible
then I'm not going to waste my time.

thanks.

Dan Beaver

.

--
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@...

Kevin Cussick

Ok, thanks will take a look.

On 08/10/2016 20:56, Antony Stone wrote:
Google suggested https://freecommander.com/en/summary/ to me.

Antony.

On Saturday 08 October 2016 at 21:53:20, Kevin Cussick via Groups.io wrote:

Ok, what does it offer that window's explorer doesn'? any chance of
a website I can google if not.

On 08/10/2016 17:52, Bryan Mckinnish wrote:
Hi.
Free commander is accessible.
I have it on my machine.
From what I've used of it, it seems accessible.

On 10/8/2016 12:03 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if free commander is accessible with NVDA or not? It
sounds interesting and I'd like to try it but if it isn't accessible
then I'm not going to waste my time.

thanks.

Dan Beaver

Kevin Cussick

Hi, OK not really but thanks are there any things that it can do that the normal explorer built into windows does not do? I can't really think of any features but if there are you might be able to tell me? if not no problem thanks in advance.

On 08/10/2016 21:00, Carlos wrote:
Hello:

FreeCommander is a Norton Commander file manager clone.

Norton Commander was one of the first DOS file managers and is still
cloned by software developers because of its long lasting popularity!

Hope this helps you out!

On 10/8/2016 12:53 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.io wrote:
Ok, what does it offer that window's explorer doesn'? any chance of
a website I can google if not.

On 08/10/2016 17:52, Bryan Mckinnish wrote:
Hi.
Free commander is accessible.
I have it on my machine.
From what I've used of it, it seems accessible.

On 10/8/2016 12:03 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if free commander is accessible with NVDA or not? It
sounds interesting and I'd like to try it but if it isn't accessible
then I'm not going to waste my time.

thanks.

Dan Beaver

.

Kevin Cussick

hi, thanks for the link nothing really that I would need here thanks anyway.

On 08/10/2016 20:56, Antony Stone wrote:
Google suggested https://freecommander.com/en/summary/ to me.

Antony.

On Saturday 08 October 2016 at 21:53:20, Kevin Cussick via Groups.io wrote:

Ok, what does it offer that window's explorer doesn'? any chance of
a website I can google if not.

On 08/10/2016 17:52, Bryan Mckinnish wrote:
Hi.
Free commander is accessible.
I have it on my machine.
From what I've used of it, it seems accessible.

On 10/8/2016 12:03 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if free commander is accessible with NVDA or not? It
sounds interesting and I'd like to try it but if it isn't accessible
then I'm not going to waste my time.

thanks.

Dan Beaver

Brian's Mail list account

I have used master seeker but that does have field labelling issues on nvda, but it might be possible to write an app module or add on for that. Basically, I can only suggest you try it. Make sure you set a system point before its installed then if you need to remove it and it causes any issues you can restore it to before you installed it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Sorry, I should have stated that free commander is a file manager like windows explorer.

Dan Beaver

Brian's Mail list account

I used to use the free version of Xtree round about that time.